Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Hope its not too late

Discussion in 'OAT Discussions' started by romanh, Nov 16, 2005.

1. romanh

romanh Junior Member

Pre-Optometry
    I am currently filling out my applications to several opt. schools and just re-scheduled my test for the 9th of Dec. So far, shadowed one optometrist, who was just awsome. Planning on shadowing few more.

With all these great news about everyone getting accepted into opt school (Congrats to them) but I am just scared that I m kind of late. Hope to get a decent OAT score. :) The other bad part is that my GPA is not great either, its a 3.2 w/ a 3.0 in the sciences. I actually just graduated this may, so can't do anything about the GPA. I do plan on taking some classes at UCONN to stay active...and in school.

Any thoughts or comments are apprecieated. Thanks guys.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ariel winter

ariel winter Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

stay positive! good things will happen to those who work hard! your gpa is not too bad... 3 and above is borderline for opt school, so you're ok. you have a degree so that will also work to your advantage. i'm sure you will rock the oat so don't worry. i don't think you're taking it too late either, as most schools are willing to accept some applicants w/o oat scores. have you been invited for an interview yet? :thumbup: