Mar 1, 2010
Status
Dental Student
This is my third time applying for dental school. I had interview at UNLV and NYU back in october and november.
Today, I called UNLV and I will be re-reviewed on January. I thought I will get in this time, but well... Haven't got mail from NYU yet, But Im really discouraged now... I have girlfriend who I want to get married. But I feel like I will lose her if I don't get into the dental school. I will see if there will be big packet coming from NYU but now... I'm hopeless.......
good luck to all anyway..

Last edited:

amalgamgrillz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
USA
Status
Pre-Dental
This is my third time applying for dental school. I had interview at UNLV and NYU back in october and november.
Today, I called UNLV and I will be re-reviewed on January. I thought I will get in this time, but well... Haven't got mail from NYU yet, But Im really discouraged now... I have girlfriend who I want to get married. But I feel like I will lose her if I don't get into the dental school. Since guys need to have some financial capability to support entire family. I will see if there will be big packet coming from NYU but now... I'm hopeless.......
Your girlfriend sounds like a b*tch. Even you get in, you should dump her.

Sep 9, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I agree! If she is staying with you because she thinks she might have a nice life then she isn't worth it. I don't care how hot she is! Keep your head up its still the beginning. We read all the good news and think its over. It's not!

Dec 1, 2010
Status
o man, i'm sorry to hear that. make sure you get ready for the re-interview with vegas and make them love you! as for the girlfriend, i can relate! i always had a hunch that my girlfriend would leave me if i didn't become a dentist. we had several fights over it and i almost called it off a few times because of it. i learned that communication is the most important thing. keep talking to her and try to find out her true motives, because it could also just be your insecurities of a woman taking advantage of your money. if she's in it for the money, you have to leave her or she'll just use you and tear you down. as for me, i am no longer dating my previous girlfriend due to other personal reasons. anyways, good luck on your re-interview with vegas!!!

grx20718

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I cannot really say about your relationship as I do not know both of you personally. But, personally speaking, if she is literally in only for the money, she would not have to go out with you. We are predents, not dentists yet. She will have to wait more than 5 years for you to graduate. Also, you won't earn tons of money when you start with loans and everything. Honestly, I do not think dentists are that rich. We, hopefully future dentists, will have stable life but will not earn enough to buy girls Luis Vuitton every other day.

I feel you though. I have a gf I've been going out for a very long time. The only reason why I feel she would leave is because I delay proposing to her. I want to make sure I am a worthy person with future before marriage. I, at least, want to be in dental school. Ah! I hate this moment. I am also waiting mail from Columbia. I hope we both hear good news in a few days.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
Today, I called UNLV and I will be re-reviewed on January. I thought I will get in this time, but well... Haven't got mail from NYU yet, But Im really discouraged now... I have girlfriend who I want to get married. But I feel like I will lose her if I don't get into the dental school. I will see if there will be big packet coming from NYU but now... I'm hopeless.......
what are you talkin about? you guys ain't going to be hitting the "riches" when you get into dental school, WHILE you are in dental school, and NYU??? thats a $400,000 4-year education. You guys will be poor for along time to go. She better dump YOU if she is looking to the high-life lol

I personally think getting married before the first and 2nd year of dentistry is a "bad" idea. Im sure people have done it before, and been successful at it. But I just think life would be easier for those didactic years without a spouse (or kids).

NRG

10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
are you going to let your GF determine your future?

Oct 11, 2010
Status
Dear Triple seven, what if your girl friend said that to push you harder and to make you work harder to get into dental school?

Sorry to hear that for dental school part, but you will get in somewhere if you don't give it up. I wish you luck.

Apr 29, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Dear Triple seven, what if your girl friend said that to push you harder and to make you work harder to get into dental school?

Sorry to hear that for dental school part, but you will get in somewhere if you don't give it up. I wish you luck.
Yes, it might be to motivate you. I tell my bf all the time I'm leaving him if he didn't pass his nursing board exam. He gets annoyed, but it got the job done.

hoylematt

10+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I have girlfriend who I want to get married. But I feel like I will lose her if I don't get into the dental school.
The most important strategy to succeed in life is to dump this girl, and find someone who will love you for who you are and support you no matter what!

peanutb123

10+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental

I strongly believe there is a miss communication in this Entire thread. I do not think op is talking about his gf just being in it for the money... I dont even think he meant to say that she is in just for his money etc...
I aint no psychologist but here is what I got out of it...

You have to look at it from her perspective... if i have to guesstimate your age i would say, op is 25+ years old. And he has (sorry to say this) tried 2 times before, and he is trying for the 3rd time. IF he does not get in and tries for the 4th time it will be soo hard for everyone, especially her. I mean the girl would probably literally be 31+ when he finishes d-school. And she know she might not have the life she wanted to(I dont mean it financially like spending time w/ him etc.. ) but she wants to be happy and spend that time w/ him. NO MONEY INVOLVED...

GUYS the ops girl know how much NYU costs or other schools costs and how hard the d-school probably is. She is just worried that she wont get to have fun in her "young years." Come on if she is a gold digger she would be dating someone else.

As far as your interviews go... bro i wish you all the best. Keep at it.

dentstd

Fena Gonzales
10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2006
Status
Dental Student
It's time you grow a pair of balls. It's a girl's privilege to be with a hardworking, goal-oriented, and stable man. There's a shortage in the world. If she starts to act up or if she's with you for the wrong reasons, put her in place or walk away. There's no shortage of attractive girls in the world.

Success does not come easily in this world. It's a constant battle for the rest of our lives. If she's not willing to sit thru the rocky periods and only wants the glory, dump her. She's not worth your time. Let her attempt to find a better man, and there's a fairly high chance she'll fail.

dentstd

Fena Gonzales
10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2006
Status
Dental Student
I strongly believe there is a miss communication in this Entire thread. I do not think op is talking about his gf just being in it for the money... I dont even think he meant to say that she is in just for his money etc...
I aint no psychologist but here is what I got out of it...

You have to look at it from her perspective... if i have to guesstimate your age i would say, op is 25+ years old. And he has (sorry to say this) tried 2 times before, and he is trying for the 3rd time. IF he does not get in and tries for the 4th time it will be soo hard for everyone, especially her. I mean the girl would probably literally be 31+ when he finishes d-school. And she know she might not have the life she wanted to(I dont mean it financially like spending time w/ him etc.. ) but she wants to be happy and spend that time w/ him. NO MONEY INVOLVED...

GUYS the ops girl know how much NYU costs or other schools costs and how hard the d-school probably is. She is just worried that she wont get to have fun in her "young years." Come on if she is a gold digger she would be dating someone else.

As far as your interviews go... bro i wish you all the best. Keep at it.
The gf doesn't have the privilege to play around and have fun while the guy is fighting his battles. Be there by our side during it all and make due with the situation. Or leave permanently.

If she wants to play around, I can introduce her to all the loser guy friends of mine who have no future. At which point, the opportunity to be with me closes indefinitely. I don't want her.