pomegranatejuicebox
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopkins
Pros:
Pros:
Also, before visiting and learning more about each school, I was Hopkins>Penn, but now I'm really torn between the two and keep changing my mind every second.
Pros:
- Strong historic reputation + prestige in medicine + amazing match list
- Longtime dream school since childhood
- Close to DC - both for fun and for expanding my health policy involvement??
- Strong mentorship through "molecule" groups
- Funded MBA IF I decided to pursue
- Not in love with Baltimore
- Farther from family
- Not sure if I vibed with the other admits during SLW
- Would need a car
Pros:
- Close to home
- Philly is familiar and comfortable + have my mentor connections at HUP and CHOP
- Can take up to 3 classes in other schools (would like to take classes at Wharton)
- Center for Surgical Health/Healthcare Management Certificate/Penn HealthX - seems like more extensive opportunities outside of traditional clinical experiences
- Feel like I vibed better with current students and new admits
- ~5K more per year
- Hopkins might be a slightly bigger name in medicine?
- MBA not funded but don’t know if I will pursue one
- Maybe I should gain experience outside of my comfort zone
Also, before visiting and learning more about each school, I was Hopkins>Penn, but now I'm really torn between the two and keep changing my mind every second.