1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Hopkins Interview, How was it?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Janny, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Janny

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey all,

I interviewed at JHU (and am patiently waiting to hear back):idea: Anyway, I felt like the student interview went incredibly well, but my faculty interviewer was hard to read. I don't think he really understood my answers to some of his questions. I was wondering how other people who interviewed there felt about it? Do you think I could still get accepted with a less than stellar faculty interview? Any input from other interviewees, WListers, acceptees, MS1's....would be very appreciated!:)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. trying

trying Member
    7+ Year Member

who was your faculty interviewer?

4. Bubblehead-to-MD

Bubblehead-to-MD Emergency Blow!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I had a very similar experience with my faculty interviewer - he was much older (a retired surgeon).

5. zeff

zeff Kikey McGuido
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm also waiting to hear back from Hopkins, best of luck to you. I was worried going into my faculty interview because my background is in public health, while my interviewer was in radiation-oncology, something I know next to nothing about. But she asked a lot of good health policy questions, which made me comfortable, after a while I actually ended up talking about helping my fiancee plan our wedding (definitely not something I was planning on talking about--still not sure how that came up!)

Anyhow, she explained to me that your interviewer will present your file to the admissions committee, but your student interviewer will also be there to speak for you, so as long as you felt good about that conversation you will have someone "in the room" making the case for you.

Hope we aren't waiting too much longer!

6. Janny

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    he was a urologist