str8flexed

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2005
Status
Medical Student
What are the main differences? Is it worth getting the newer one? I think 2009 is color and 2003 is B+W, and 2009 has some arthroscopic info?

Price is basically $150 vs $50.

hanky1982

Irish eyes are smiling
10+ Year Member
May 11, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I looked at 2003, and it is not B&W. I figured I would have the book for years, so I got the newer edition. To be honest, I really don't know the difference, but I am sure there are new techniques that have been included in the 2009 edition.

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2005
San Diego
www.gmail.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I heard that most of the new stuff in the book was related to techniques in arthroscopy.I actually just got the newer book this week, because I figured like the previous user that I will use this book for years too come (if I match...hopefully) so I figured that I should just go for it. Plus I am neurotic and cant stand not having the newer edition, lol.

str8flexed

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I heard that most of the new stuff in the book was related to techniques in arthroscopy.I actually just got the newer book this week, because I figured like the previous user that I will use this book for years too come (if I match...hopefully) so I figured that I should just go for it. Plus I am neurotic and cant stand not having the newer edition, lol.
I just bought the new book on eBay for $99. It's the international edition but should be exactly the same inside. That's a steal!! Hope there are no surprises...

osteopathic33

10+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey which Hoppenfeld book are you guys referring to? I know he has more than one. On amazon I see "physical exam of spine and extremities", also "orthopaedic neurology", and then a couple others.