Hoppenfelds 2003 vs 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

str8flexed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the main differences? Is it worth getting the newer one? I think 2009 is color and 2003 is B+W, and 2009 has some arthroscopic info?

Price is basically $150 vs $50.

Members don't see this ad.

I looked at 2003, and it is not B&W. I figured I would have the book for years, so I got the newer edition. To be honest, I really don't know the difference, but I am sure there are new techniques that have been included in the 2009 edition.

I heard that most of the new stuff in the book was related to techniques in arthroscopy.I actually just got the newer book this week, because I figured like the previous user that I will use this book for years too come (if I match...hopefully) so I figured that I should just go for it. Plus I am neurotic and cant stand not having the newer edition, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that most of the new stuff in the book was related to techniques in arthroscopy.I actually just got the newer book this week, because I figured like the previous user that I will use this book for years too come (if I match...hopefully) so I figured that I should just go for it. Plus I am neurotic and cant stand not having the newer edition, lol.

I just bought the new book on eBay for $99. It's the international edition but should be exactly the same inside. That's a steal!! Hope there are no surprises...

Hey which Hoppenfeld book are you guys referring to? I know he has more than one. On amazon I see "physical exam of spine and extremities", also "orthopaedic neurology", and then a couple others.