hormones - is kaplan blue book enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

organichemistry

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm studying for the dat and were wondering if the endocrinology section of the kaplan blue book was sufficient. if not, what other resource should i use for information specifically related to the endocrine system and the hormones we should know for the dat?

Members don't see this ad.

organichemistry said:
i'm studying for the dat and were wondering if the endocrinology section of the kaplan blue book was sufficient. if not, what other resource should i use for information specifically related to the endocrine system and the hormones we should know for the dat?
I think the kaplan covers endocrine system pretty well... I havent taken the DAT, but i personally think Kaplan does a good job on endocrine

absolutely. the kaplan book covers all of the hormones that you can expect to see on the DAT. expect at least 1 question on hormones.

golfmontpoker said:
I think the kaplan covers endocrine system pretty well... I havent taken the DAT, but i personally think Kaplan does a good job on endocrine

just curious... what do you think the kaplan bio falls down on?

i've heard ecology but the section on ecology is pretty huge :scared:

i'm thinking i'm just going to learn the kaplan bio cold and then maybe take 2 or 3 chapters out of schaum's for plant stuff.

what about you?

organichemistry said:
just curious... what do you think the kaplan bio falls down on?

i've heard ecology but the section on ecology is pretty huge :scared:

i'm thinking i'm just going to learn the kaplan bio cold and then maybe take 2 or 3 chapters out of schaum's for plant stuff

what about you?

i'm doing the same. kaplan for all bio + cliffs for plant bio. i heard the plant bio stuff was pretty basic, but a lot of people miss it because it's not covered in kaplan (even the official ADEA outline for the DAT doesn't include plant bio).