hormones...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetpea2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain/give example of post transcription changing with pre and post hormones. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

??? Are you asking about hormones affecting post-transcriptional modifications? Hrm...I really can't think of an example!

Can someone explain/give example of post transcription changing with pre and post hormones. Thanks

You mean post-transcriptional modification of hormones? The only example I can think of at the top of my head is Insulin. But I'm also thinking of post-translational modification. There are so many post-transcriptional/translational modifications that occur, though, that's specific to proteins, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin

Click and let me know what you mean exactly from the explanation given.

Also, did you mean that or how hormones regulate the production of products post-transcriptionally?

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember that pre-insulin -> insulin is post-translational modification, not post-transcriptional.

would the changing of the digestive enzymes from zymogens to active proteins be considered as post-translational modification?

would the changing of the digestive enzymes from zymogens to active proteins be considered as post-translational modification?

Strictly speaking, thats defined as protein processing. Post-translational modification typically refers to modification of a peptide chain within the ER/golgi.