Horrible Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeCheck12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone have an interview where you were just constantly criticized and your answers seemed like they weren't good enough? What happened afterwards?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone have an interview where you were just constantly criticized and your answers seemed like they weren't good enough? What happened afterwards?

I think many interviewers do this to see how you would react.
This happened to me too (twice) and I still got into both places. Don't worry too much :);):D

I got rejected a few weeks later...

Members don't see this ad :)

yes, I had a horrible interview, but it wasn't like how you described it. I wasn't constantly criticized at all, but I kind of wish I had been. I could have dealt with that. It was the exact opposite of that. They just kind of stared at me the whole time like I had two heads. Whoever said the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference was right on.

I think many interviewers do this to see how you would react.
This happened to me too (twice) and I still got into both places. Don't worry too much :);):D

I like your posts; all of them are accompanied by :);):D.

For the ones that were rejected, what do you think went wrong with the interview and what school was it?

yes, I had a horrible interview, but it wasn't like how you described it. I wasn't constantly criticized at all, but I kind of wish I had been. I could have dealt with that. It was the exact opposite of that. They just kind of stared at me the whole time like I had two heads. Whoever said the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference was right on.

hahahaaa.. Sounds like UF.

jb!:)

I agree- that is exactly how mine went. I walked out of that interview pretty confident that I wasn't getting in (which I didn't), and I am in undergrad at UF right now.

I did this. I guess the interviewer liked my answers b/c I was accepted without delay.

I agree, I think this is an interview tactic. Then, either you pass or you don't, but you won't know until they contact you later on.

True! Sounds just like UF! First, they make you feel like ur already accepted and then they really make you feel like stupid and that they're too good for you! :thumbdown: UF!

I had what I felt was a horrible interview at IU. Not so much I was being grilled or anything, I was just caught off-guard and was nervous for some reason, voice was shaky, answers didnt make sense. I calmed down a little bit later in the interview, but still pretty bad overall. Long story short... I still recieved an acceptance letter and Im even out of state. So even if you feel like an interview went terrible, doesnt mean an automatic rejection. Could be just in your head.

Why yall doggin my new favorite school?! I thought the interviewers were really nice at UF. Yeah, they asked me two questions twice, but I didn't cry about it. I just answered them in a different way and expounded on different parts of my answers. I was accepted soon after and I am a WM out of state with good but definitely not excellent numbers.

there's gotta be other school that had horrible interviews and interviewers...