Horrible OAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexD95

Reaction score
GPA: 3.3. Just submitted my application on 12/1, applying to SCO, SCCO, AZCOPT, PCO, Nova

So I took the OAT last week and got a horrible score (TS 280, AA 280), obviously I'm retaking it in March. I know my application is late-ish and my GPA is average at best so realistically do I have a chance of getting accepted this cycle even if I do better on the OAT? Is it possible to get interviews before I retake the OAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
GPA: 3.3. Just submitted by application on 12/1, applying to SCO, SCCO, AZCOPT, PCO, Nova

So I took the OAT last week and got a horrible score (TS 280, AA 280), obviously I'm retaking it in March. I know my application is late-ish and my GPA is average at best so realistically do I have a chance of getting accepted this cycle even if I do better on the OAT? Is it possible to get interviews before I retake the OAT?

I think you still have shot. Closer to the end there are people who withdraw from schools because they got into their first choice so there will be openings. Just aim higher for next time ! Good luck :) taking it in march as well.. How long did you study ?

Reactions: 1 user
It’s kind of hard to tell by now, I guess it depends on how many spots are still available at schools. I would recommend giving these schools a call and letting them know your situation and asking them straight up what your chances are. Each school is different and a lot of areas other than GPA and OAT are considered when revising an applicants profile.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you still have shot. Closer to the end there are people who withdraw from schools because they got into their first choice so there will be openings. Just aim higher for next time ! Good luck :) taking it in march as well.. How long did you study ?

Honestly I only studied for about a month and I focused on reviewing material instead of practicing questions and exams. I used Kaplan for everything (do not recommend) and some of chad's videos. This time I'm going to finish chad's videos & questions, OAT destroyer questions, and A LOT of practice exams

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly I only studied for about a month and I focused on reviewing material instead of practicing questions and exams. I used Kaplan for everything (do not recommend) and some of chad's videos. This time I'm going to finish chad's videos & questions, OAT destroyer questions, and A LOT of practice exams

if you have some money to spare, highly recommend DAT bootcamp. It has pretty much everything we need and I like the videos way better than Chad. Also, the physics section is free and they're updating the rest of the unfinished section this month :)

if you have some money to spare, highly recommend DAT bootcamp. It has pretty much everything we need and I like the videos way better than Chad. Also, the physics section is free and they're updating the rest of the unfinished section this month :)

there's a coupon code available online too for 20% off. Ive had Princeton review, Kaplan, oat study cards, destroyer and bootcamp. Been procrastinating on so much studying but finally cracking down with Princeton review and bootcamp lol. Ive been told the destroyer is overkill but if you can get through it, more power to ya!

Hi! I think you should just apply and let schools know you're going to retake it! if you're going to begin studying again I would strongly recommend DAT Bootcamp as well! I did a breakdown back in early November of my score and everything but if you have any questions for me or want any advice feel free to ask!

Hi! I think you should just apply and let schools know you're going to retake it! if you're going to begin studying again I would strongly recommend DAT Bootcamp as well! I did a breakdown back in early November of my score and everything but if you have any questions for me or want any advice feel free to ask!

I can't afford the full course but I'm going to use all the free questions and notes they have especially for physics since it is my weakest subject. Thank you so much !

Defeat the dat is a website run by chad from course savor. There is a ton of organic chemistry and chemistry quizzes and practice tests. As well as QR practice tests. And there's videos that go along with the GC and OC answers! It's totally free and definitely worth looking into!!!!!! Best of luck.

Reactions: 2 users
Defeat the dat is a website run by chad from course savor. There is a ton of organic chemistry and chemistry quizzes and practice tests. As well as QR practice tests. And there's videos that go along with the GC and OC answers! It's totally free and definitely worth looking into!!!!!! Best of luck.

Thank you !

hi! just wanted to give you a boost here as I have a 3.3 GPA too and got a 300 TS and 330AA (with a really bad bio score) and just got accepted to SUNY without retaking so if you retake it you definitely have a good shot! i also used chad's videos & free kaplan resources! good luck with everything

hi! just wanted to give you a boost here as I have a 3.3 GPA too and got a 300 TS and 330AA (with a really bad bio score) and just got accepted to SUNY without retaking so if you retake it you definitely have a good shot! i also used chad's videos & free kaplan resources! good luck with everything
How long did SUNY take to get back to you? I've been calling/emailing with no response.

Did you guys see any geometry in the math section? The OAT guide doesn’t list it but the Kaplan still has these sections. Best advice for the math and physics section?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did you guys see any geometry in the math section? The OAT guide doesn’t list it but the Kaplan still has these sections. Best advice for the math and physics section?

Hey!

I actually called ADA because I was curious about this to! The lady on the phone said “whatever you see on the guide line under each section is all were going to test you on” lol idk she wasn’t much help but that’s all she said.

Hey!

I actually called ADA because I was curious about this to! The lady on the phone said “whatever you see on the guide line under each section is all were going to test you on” lol idk she wasn’t much help but that’s all she said.

Awesome thanks for calling! I quickly read through this just to be familiar with it

How long did SUNY take to get back to you? I've been calling/emailing with no response.
oh that's weird! I heard back about an interview after my application within about a week, and then heard my decision 4 days after my interview. And whenever I've emailed them with questions they've been very responsive so that's strange! have you been emailing Christian the director of admissions? he's the one I always contact

Nice!! what practice tests you found helpful?! did you use OAT destroyer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.