Horrific.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMG that poor girl. Truly stomach-turning :mad: :mad:

i read about this a couple of days ago... what kind of person does such a thing?

Members don't see this ad :)
It makes me sick to my stomach to know that we live in a world where people can be so cruel...

Anyone else think 'future serial killer?'

Anyone else think 'future serial killer?'

That is what I was thinking too. This is just sick. Makes you want to lock your pets inside...

That makes me want to throw up. I can't believe someone could be so cruel... to a little girl or to a dog!

i dont know where i read this, but stats show that people who display cruelty to animals are prone to exacting similar aggression on humans. i'm not sure what the numbers are, but u can google it, i'm sure. there's a serious need for our legal system to see animal cruelty as an offense on par to human-related violence. its really awful and a shame. :(

I actually read a great article this weekend at my parents house in People or USWeekly or one of those magazines about a vet (of course I can't remember her name...) who is working as sort of CSI for crimes on animals and is trying to increase the sentences for offenders by showing that those who harm animals are likely to injure humans as well. That was the longest sentence on the planet hahaha!

i dont know where i read this, but stats show that people who display cruelty to animals are prone to exacting similar aggression on humans. i'm not sure what the numbers are, but u can google it, i'm sure. there's a serious need for our legal system to see animal cruelty as an offense on par to human-related violence. its really awful and a shame. :(

I've heard the same thing. I want to say that the studies showed animal abuse in childhood correlated with domestic violence later in life (but I might be wrong and either way violence is still violence).

Anyways, I agree with you about needing a change with the legal system. People get off way to easy for animal abuse (if they even get caught). At least in this case, it's also being viewed as a threat towards the girl, not just as animal cruelty, so hopefully the creep will get more than just a slap on the hand.

At least in this case it seems the authorities are taking it seriously, didn't the homicide squad get involved? I've definitely heard that there is thought to be a correlation between children who torture animals and grow up to be serial killers....

I heard on tv somewhere that there are lawyers who represent the humane societies trying to force people convicted of animal cruelty to submit DNA testing in case they commit crimes later in life. Turns out the guy who inspired the whole case (I think he crushed a dog's skull with some kind of tool) wound up committing a violent crime against a person 6 months after being convicted of animal cruelty.

I heard on tv somewhere that there are lawyers who represent the humane societies trying to force people convicted of animal cruelty to submit DNA testing in case they commit crimes later in life. Turns out the guy who inspired the whole case (I think he crushed a dog's skull with some kind of tool) wound up committing a violent crime against a person 6 months after being convicted of animal cruelty.

you can totally see it... i mean, if you're capable of such utterly incomprehensibly atrocious acts in the first place, what's the difference between a person and a dog? If your inhibitions are so far gone, then the world's your oyster... and not in a good way.

foul.