Hospice and palliative medicine job prospects 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to the job search this year and what it has been like for folks? Any thoughts on training at a smaller community hospital and finding a job after fellowship in major city/metro area?

Members don't see this ad.

I am not actively looking for a new job, but I always keep my eye on the market to stay honest.
Anyway, it appears the market might have opened up a bit [compared to a couple of years ago when regions were very hit-or-miss with openings]. If you keep your search efforts frequent, there are often postings on each coast (and everywhere in-between).

If you are coming from a smaller community hospital, good news -- you will have a shot. Apply with a thoughtful application and you'll be considered. We are not a field that drools for pedigree.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone I know of from two fellowships got a job except one. And they had much bigger problems than where they trained.

Even for that person it’s not totally clear to me that they couldn’t get a job vs they couldn’t get their **** together to apply for one

Reactions: 1 user