Medical Hospice or Hospital for clinical volunteering?

Started by Question
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently applying to both a hospice and a hospital for clinical experience but if I end up getting into both will end up choosing between the two. What would be a better choice for clinical volunteering experience?

— Experts please respond to this post —
 
On its face both of these are good experiences. Pick the one that gets you more hours and more face-to-face patient contact. If everything else is truly equal I'd probably suggest hospice as interacting with dying patients is always a meaningful experience.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently applying to both a hospice and a hospital for clinical experience but if I end up getting into both will end up choosing between the two. What would be a better choice for clinical volunteering experience?

— Experts please respond to this post —
I have a very high regard for people who work in hospice.

Very few people are willing to get up front and personal with our mortality
 
Status
Not open for further replies.