Hospital Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmstudent2019

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe I want to work in a hospital setting as a pharmacist. Most places want experience first. Does this count as being a tech/ intern in the hospital setting?

If I was a pharmacy intern at a hospital would they considet me to have experience to be a pharmacist in the same setting?
 
Depends how much competition you have. A place like a hospital in NYC that gets 200 applicants for 1 job, probably would toss your app, just because they have so many more apps with more and varied experience. A hospital in a rural area that doesn't have as many apps, would be more likely to give you serious consideration.
 
I believe I want to work in a hospital setting as a pharmacist. Most places want experience first. Does this count as being a tech/ intern in the hospital setting?

If I was a pharmacy intern at a hospital would they considet me to have experience to be a pharmacist in the same setting?

I worked at a hospital as a tech for 2 years from 2011-2013, graduated in 2013 and was offered a job.