Hospital Pharmacy Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jw1724

Pre- Pharm
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I work in a retail pharmacy. I have been there since March. I got a call today from a local hospital wanting an interview, which I now have on Thursday. Can anyone give me an idea of what I may be asked, or any insight as far as how different retail and hospital pharmacy will be?

I haven't started pharmacy school, but I will be a freshman in September working on pre-requisites. I plan to also get certified in November.

Members don't see this ad.

at our hospital, there are some generic questions they ask during interviews:

first part is a testing section which they will verbally ask u some brand vs. generic (very basic ones), calculation questions, and some questions on sigs.

second part asks situational questions such as if a co-worker continuously asks you for help, would u do it or not and then they would have some follow up questions. another question i was asked was... imagine it was a busy day and u received the following 4 stat orders all at once, in what order would u do it

third part is just basic questions about why do you want to work at a hospital, why this specific hospital, working experience, etc.

good luck w/ the interview! :luck: