Hospital Pharmacy Help

Started by Jw1724
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jw1724

Pre- Pharm
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right now I work in a retail pharmacy. I have been there since March. I got a call today from a local hospital wanting an interview, which I now have on Thursday. Can anyone give me an idea of what I may be asked, or any insight as far as how different retail and hospital pharmacy will be?

I haven't started pharmacy school, but I will be a freshman in September working on pre-requisites. I plan to also get certified in November.
 
at our hospital, there are some generic questions they ask during interviews:

first part is a testing section which they will verbally ask u some brand vs. generic (very basic ones), calculation questions, and some questions on sigs.

second part asks situational questions such as if a co-worker continuously asks you for help, would u do it or not and then they would have some follow up questions. another question i was asked was... imagine it was a busy day and u received the following 4 stat orders all at once, in what order would u do it

third part is just basic questions about why do you want to work at a hospital, why this specific hospital, working experience, etc.

good luck w/ the interview! :luck: