hospital prn tech vs intern

Started by stark3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stark3

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I got offered an interview for a prn technician position at a hospital. Does it matter that its not an intern position ? From the hiring page, it has only technician duties so will I be able to do intern stuff even tho im hired only as a tech, time permitting while working ? Does it matter for residencies ?
 
Most prn hospital intern positions train you to primarily staff as a technician anyway. You should ask what additional opportunities would be available to you as a student though (i.e. research projects, shadowing pharmacists, etc.)

As for how it looks for employers/residencies: experience with hospital workflow and exposure to inpatient medications is invaluable and dare I say expected from students seeking hospital residencies/positions these days. Your title won't matter.