Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have read that there are a few optometrists that hold jobs in hospitals, and I'm wondering is it really hard to find, or do most people prefer not to work in hospitals.
The reason that I am asking is because I would love do a residency in ocular disease or pre/post op, and one day work in a hospital at least part time. Is this unrealistic, I do realize that most people who work in hospitals are MDs, but I do not want to be an opthalmologist, I do want to be a primary eye doctor, but at the same time I want to be able to do more interesting cases, Am I being too greedy?
The reason that I am asking is because I would love do a residency in ocular disease or pre/post op, and one day work in a hospital at least part time. Is this unrealistic, I do realize that most people who work in hospitals are MDs, but I do not want to be an opthalmologist, I do want to be a primary eye doctor, but at the same time I want to be able to do more interesting cases, Am I being too greedy?
). Well how is working in a VA clinic any more exciting than a large chain clinic?