Hospitals want Opioid Settlement Dollars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score

“Under IRS rules, the new tax-exempt nonprofit — which can raise unlimited amounts and not disclose its donors to the public — must “primarily” engage in social welfare and helping the community, meaning at least half its budget has to go to activities such as education rather than to political lobbying. Gee said a companion entity is planned whose collections can be spent more freely.”

Members don't see this ad.

Well, better than going all to the state capitals...

I disagree. No financial accountability/ disclosure in non-profit hospital sector. I can’t file a request for public information, etc...

My concern is that opioid settlement dollars will subsidize SOS differential and be shifted to subsidize employed MD salaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
I disagree. No financial accountability/ disclosure in non-profit hospital sector. I can’t file a request for public information, etc...

My concern is that opioid settlement dollars will subsidize SOS differential and be shifted to subsidize employed MD salaries.
Yeah right. You think the admin would share with the docs? Not likely.

Reactions: 1 users

If a tree falls in the woods and Dr. Usso isn't around to hear it, is SOS still to blame?

Reactions: 2 users
Can you think of anything that distorts health markets more than SOS? Such lousy public policy...thank God site-neutrality will end this nonsense...
Don't disagree with that at all. I'm not sure the opioid settlement funds will be a meaningful contributor to your primary concern.