Hot (medication related) topics in neurosurgery ?

Started by UES Girl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UES Girl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a pharmacy student rotating through a pharmacy consult for the neurosurgery service. My daily tasks evolve mainly around pre and perio operative care, as well pt counseling and discharges. I have to do a 20 minute presentation for the journal club for our neurosurgery residents and pharm consults folks that are on the service.

Does anyone have any pointers what sort of topics, medication related, are considered hot in neurosurgery ? Thank you in advance. :luck:
 
You could discuss the use of dexamethasone in acute spinal cord injury.


we use it daily for all our patients but that just seems so bland. I was hoping for something more exciting. 🙁