Hotel for Midwestern interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which hotel will you guys be staying at for the Midwestern interview? somewhere safe, nice, and close to the school....

Members don't see this ad.

Which hotel will you guys be staying at for the Midwestern interview? somewhere safe, nice, and close to the school....

country inn and suites. they have a shuttle and it's not anymore expensive than the super 8 :)

i second that, country inn was awesome and free shuttle.

Members don't see this ad :)
what do you guys think of comfort inn in West Union Hill Drive?

I'm staying at the Quality Inn Talavi...its only a few miles from the school and I dont' know how you guys are getting from the airport, but I figured I had to get a rental car--so shuttles don't do me any good--I just didn't want to worry about traffic the morning of the interview.

How much were you able to get your room for at Country Inn? Online their rates are about $120/night. Did they give you a much better deal when you called and mentioned Midwestern? Thanks

+1 on country inn and suites! i stayed there for my interview and it was good luck. maybe you'll have good luck as well!

another +1 on country inn from a current D2 at Midwestern. Their free shuttle service to the school was good, and they have a free continental breakfast.

how are you guys getting from the airport to the hotel?

i was thinking about taking a shuttle (supershuttle?) but where do i meet them after i get out of the airport to get picked up? thanks!

I'm just renting a car from Enterprise. It was about 40 dollars for the shuttle and 50 for a rental. That way I can check out other things while I'm there w/o cabbing it everywhere.

Most hotels have a FREE or reduced fee shuttle service to and from the airport. Call the hotels you're looking into and find out. It may save you some $$$ b/c renting a car from phoenix skyharbor isn't cheap.

I stayed at the very comfortable Comfort Inn for $55/night.. add in taxes and fees, and it came out to about $65. You have to ask them for the special rate for Midwestern Interviewees when you call to schedule your reservation. I also took Super Shuttle to get from Phx Sky Harbor to Comfort Inn and it was $23 each way. When you get to the airport, just ask one of the helpful ppl at the info desks and they will point you in the right direction to Super Shuttle. Hope this helps. =)

Last edited:
Oh yea, Comfort Inn also has a shuttle that goes from the hotel to Midwestern for freeee~~! It leaves the hotel at 7am and you just give them a call after your interview so that they can come pick you up.

Last edited:
Oh yea, Comfort Inn also has a shuttle that goes from the hotel to Midwestern for freeee~~! It leaves the hotel at 7am and you just give them a call after your interview so that they can come pick you up.
That's where I stayed too!! But since I drove to AZ last year so I just took my car with me to MWU.

Doesn't the interview starts at 7:30?
I wish to be there by 6:00. Is there a shuttle that goes to midwestern at least an hour ahead of time?