Hotel for NYU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GDwood

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i was wondering if it is safe to book hotel reservations online. If it is, does anyone know good websites i can use? and also, can someone recommend me hotels (preferably close to the school) that were pretty good during ur time in NY?

Thank u

Members don't see this ad.

i stayed at Pod Hotel (2 Ave & 51st) it was cheaper than most of hotels in manhattan - around $120ish? i forgot the exact price.
the hotel is clean, and modern looking, but you have to share a bathroom with three other rooms. i was worried about that, but it worked out fine. there are 3 other bathroom on the floor and you can check which one is available (there is this blinking light thingy in the room and numbered accordingly), but i ended up using one bathroom right next to my room all the time...it was available whenever i wanted to use. Bathroom is very very clean too! it's NOT like a community bathroom in dormitory.
if you wanna call them and make a reservation, that would work. that's what i did. While you are on the phone, they'll send you a confirmation email, so i believe it is pretty safe.
sorry...my post got a bit long...:D
good luck!!! the interview was very laid-back, and the school was AMAZING:)

Thanks for the reply
so even though the bathroom was shared, u didn't have a problem taking a shower before 8 am right? cuz that is the only thing i am worrying about staying at a hotel like that and i don't want to pay a lot either. Also, how far was the school from where u stayed?

thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
i stayed at hotel 17 for $90. it was a 5 minute walk from hotel to school. and i booked it online at priceline.

i stayed at hotel 17 for $90. it was a 5 minute walk from hotel to school. and i booked it online at priceline.

did u have to share the bathroom? even if u did, were u able to take a shower ?

wow $90? that's a good price! i wish i knew about that hotel before.

anyway from pod hotel, it took me 5 min but i took taxi ($7.00), so hotel 17 sounds like a better deal!
yea you can definitely take shower before 8. nobody woke up that early there anyway...lol people come in late and wake up late i figured...:)

http://www.jazzhostels.com/

try here. it's a hostel. you share room with many other ppl.
but it's cheap. it's not the best place to stay. but considering the price, it's good.

Jazz on the Town
304 E 14th St. NY

did u have to share the bathroom? even if u did, were u able to take a shower ?

Yea i had to share the bathroom, they had i think 2 bathrooms for 6 rooms or soo. But the bathrooms were very very clean and i was able to use it whenever i wanted to, no waiting in lines or anything and yes i was able to take showers.

Red Roof Inn in Manhattan
I just made a reservation for one room with WIFI and it was $130.
(you don't share bathroom with others)
I mean 130 in Manhattan is pretty good deal I think.. :)

I stayed at the Ramada near the airport and took the train to the school. DO NOT stay at the Ramada =)