hotel for tufts interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dasubline

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I was wondering if there are any good hotels to stay that are near Tufts for the interview. I have checked the hotels close by tufts dental, but all are pricey. Anyone got any suggestions??

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys, I was wondering if there are any good hotels to stay that are near Tufts for the interview. I have checked the hotels close by tufts dental, but all are pricey. Anyone got any suggestions??

Bid it on www.priceline.com and you would be amazed with the extremely low rate you are going to get, like $40 easily for a 3 star hotel. Try it out and you'll never get to lose.:love:

am looking for inexpensive hotel as well. If I were to go priceline.com which area of the city I should request?

Members don't see this ad :)
am looking for inexpensive hotel as well. If I were to go priceline.com which area of the city I should request?

well, it doesn't really matter too much, boston is a relatively small city. the tufts dental school is in the chinatown section. chinatown = not so nice, closer nicer areas are the theater district and boylston areas

edit - boylston isn't an area, it's a street.

If you mention Tufts Medical Center when you are booking, I know you can get a room at the Double Tree for $109 (compared to the regular rate of $179). You can also get a room at the Milner for $89 if you mention Tufts as well. For the price, you can't go wrong with the Double Tree.

If you mention Tufts Medical Center when you are booking, I know you can get a room at the Double Tree for $109 (compared to the regular rate of $179). You can also get a room at the Milner for $89 if you mention Tufts as well. For the price, you can't go wrong with the Double Tree.

The Milner and Double Tree hotels are less than 5 minutes walking distance from the school. Also nearby are the Hyatt and Four seasons. I'd definitely choose something close by the school, especially during winter season when it starts to snow and traffic can be a mess. Also you don't want to be navigating the subways when you're new to the city and have an interview coming. :)

I'm thinking of booking the Hyatt. Has anyone stayed there that can give a little info about the area? Can a girl walk through by herself to the interview without getting into any trouble? --thanks!

Last edited:
The Milner and Double Tree hotels are less than 5 minutes walking distance from the school. Also nearby are the Hyatt and Four seasons. I'd definitely choose something close by the school, especially during winter season when it starts to snow and traffic can be a mess. Also you don't want to be navigating the subways when you're new to the city and have an interview coming. :)

Double Tree is the closest hotel to the school, it's literally across the street. Plus they have free Wi-Fi on the first floor, Starbucks in-house, free access to the YMCA if you want to work out. The Raddisson is really close too.

Milner got really bad reviews... I stayed at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel, which was the cheapest hotel on hotels.com that was within walking distance. It was decent, no complaints.

If anyone is interviewing at Tufts, send me a PM a week beforehand, I may be able to meet up with you, show you around, and give you some interview tips.

just got a single room at YWCA for $60. Am not sure quality but price is right.

Yo thanks for the advice, I think i might just stay at the Doubletree since it is really right near the dental school. Or I might stay at the boston park plaza hotel because hopefully it'll be won't be much money. My flight gets there at 11pm the day before my interview lol

Yo thanks for the advice, I think i might just stay at the Doubletree since it is really right near the dental school. Or I might stay at the boston park plaza hotel because hopefully it'll be won't be much money. My flight gets there at 11pm the day before my interview lol

I'd recommend against flying in at the last minute. You never know if there may be delays due to bad weather or cancellations. My flight to Boston was delayed 4 hours due to low ceiling at Logan Airport. I didn't get in till 12am (was due in at 9). I was lucky that I flew in a day earlier to settle in prior to my interviews. Good luck with everything. My sister was a Cougar. :)

I'd recommend against flying in at the last minute. You never know if there may be delays due to bad weather or cancellations. My flight to Boston was delayed 4 hours due to low ceiling at Logan Airport. I didn't get in till 12am (was due in at 9). I was lucky that I flew in a day earlier to settle in prior to my interviews. Good luck with everything. My sister was a Cougar. :)

i think that's tough for anyone, unless their interview was on a monday. most people either have class or a job and can't take off ALL that time just to get settled in...

i think that's tough for anyone, unless their interview was on a monday. most people either have class or a job and can't take off ALL that time just to get settled in...

Ya I actually have another interview on monday and then I gotta fly out at 4pm that day to reach Boston by 11. I really wish I could spend more time in Boston and get there during the day so I don't have to worry... That's why I wanna stay at the double tree or that boston park plaza hotel ya'll talk about since it's near the school.

Actually I used hotels.com a while ago and booked the Milner for $95! I really hope the place isn't too far from Tufts! It said that it was .2 miles so either I'll walk or use a taxi cuz I don't see any bus stops or subways stops near by. Has anyone interviewed there yet?

Actually I used hotels.com a while ago and booked the Milner for $95! I really hope the place isn't too far from Tufts! It said that it was .2 miles so either I'll walk or use a taxi cuz I don't see any bus stops or subways stops near by. Has anyone interviewed there yet?
According to the email interviews don't start until the 28th.

I know, mine isn't until november. I just booked early to save money.:) Hopefully the milner isn't too far away.
Oh I didn't mean to say you booked too early, just thought I'd answer your question about whether anyone had interviewed there yet. I heard the Milner is like a 5-10 walk from the school and also that the location in general is great as well :thumbup: