Hotels for NYMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmcheesesteak

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is a good place to stay that is close to the school yet easy on the wallets? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There's a link on their website for the best places to stay during an interview (and those with discounts available for interviewees).

out of the list that have listed- I would stay at the comfort inn. DO NOT STAY AT THE Wellesley Inn. HORRIBLE, overpriced crap.

But do stay at the comfort inn, less than five minutes away from school and there is a 24 hour dinner in walking distances + Applebees nearby. Heard its cheaper than Wellesley Inn too.

http://www.nymc.edu/admit/medical/info/hotels.htm

Members don't see this ad :)
Freakingzooming - did they give you the nymc discount at comfort inn? because i tried making reservation at wellesley and some other hotel off that list a few weeks ago, and they said they don't do discounts.

I think they should. I know sometimes the people who answer the phones on the other end are pretty much out of it or have no clue. But I would call and if you get the same response, ask to talk to the manager. I never have stayed in any of the hotels but my parents stayed at the Wellselley Inn for the White Coat ceremony and it was a dump. Overpriced motel.

I stayed at the Wellesley Inn last year. I liked the place, but it was overpriced. I paid 100 before tax, but that was after the NYMC discount. It's like a 5 minute cab ride away from the school. If you stay there, make sure to get up early. The cab can be quite slow in getting to the Inn. At the diner there, try getting the steak sandwich. It was excellent! Good luck on the interview and start thinking about the red flag in your application.

comfort inn wins hands down.

really nice room, cheap, close to restaurants (walking distance), and an easy 5 minute cab ride.

best idea is to stay with a host. they should have given you a list of hosts with their invite. i did this and it was great.

Goose-d said:
comfort inn wins hands down.

really nice room, cheap, close to restaurants (walking distance), and an easy 5 minute cab ride.