Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Hotels or Student Hosts

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Apparition, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Apparition

Apparition 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

For those of you that tried both, which is better?

2. Apparition

Apparition 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Where did my poll go?

3. Risa

Risa like Lisa with an R
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    For getting a good night's sleep and being on your own turf: hotel.

For saving a lot of money and getting a broader and longer feel for the school and its students: host.

So, it depends what you're looking for!

4. For me....student host. Without a doubt!!

My experience was awesome!! AND I used it GREATLY in my interview. Seeing how relaxed and non-competitive students were gave me just one more reason to go to their school. My interviewer and I talked about my stay for like 10 mins (how I saw the city and neighborhood, met other students, talked to all of them about the positives etc...)

(Let me say....we were up till about 12:30 the night before. But I could handle it and actually enjoyed it. You decide if you can handle that or not.)

If you do stay with student host...be VERY clear about how (and what time) you plan to get to the school next day. The students I was staying me with got up 5 mins (literally!!) before we were suppose to live and that had me worried.

5. bobito

bobito Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

So I am supposed to be staying with a student host tomorrow....and I still haven't heard from him. Which is awesome. And doesn't bother me at all.
    Student Hosts are hit or miss.
    But its a ton cheaper than a hotel...free
    And you get a better insight into how things are at the school.

6. DrMike24

DrMike24 eat, drink, and be merry
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would definetly say student host.. by far. Of course make sure you have it arranged weeks before you are set to stay. Its free, you get to speak with a current student, hopefully get a decent tour, etc. The benefits are great. I have stayed with a student host every single interview, and will plan on being a host next year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...