Hotels - which programs pay or not

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fiend

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know NYC and Boston programs don't pay, but any others besides UT Houston. Does the University of Pennsylvania pay? I was under the impression that they did, but when I called to reconfirm my room, there was no reservation under my name. Perhaps an oversight. If anyone knows about U Penn, please share because I don't want to be stuck paying the $170+ bill myself.

Members don't see this ad.

hotel accomodations are a courtesy, not the expectation. if it wasn't explicitly stated in their email, you're SOL

chillindrdude said:
hotel accomodations are a courtesy, not the expectation. if it wasn't explicitly stated in their email, you're SOL

My confirmation e-mail said, "We have made a reservation for you at the Inn at Penn."

Members don't see this ad :)
I read my e-mail confirmation from U Penn again and learned that they are paying for the hotel, hotel tax, and parking at the hotel. I was just left off the list by mistake. I'll address it with the residency coordintor but am concerned that I will get charged the higher rate to stay overnight that what the Department usually pays. They might be too happy paying the higher price. Maybe I can convince the hotel to charge me the special rate and receive reimbursement from the program later.

Programs that paid for my hotel last year:

Penn
Hopkins