Hourly wage post xPM.

Started by IkeBoy18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IkeBoy18

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a way I can find out which programs offer a wage after 3pm, 5pm etc? Im trying to really work on a list of places Im interested in training and cant find this info anywhere, I just hear occasionally on these boards or from a current resident at my institution.

Thanks!
 
I know Penn offers this. I know there are others but I can't think of any at the moment. First, I agree with the previous poster. Second, I would personally rather go to a program with moonlighting opportunities versus a wage after Xpm, which is usually 5/6pm by the way, not 3pm. You never now how your life is going to change during residency and I think moonlighting is more flexible. Often the staying after Xpm is not a choice whereas moonlighting is. You're stuck there, and the program is going to pay you so you don't get too upset about it, but you're still stuck there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know Penn offers this. I know there are others but I can't think of any at the moment. First, I agree with the previous poster. Second, I would personally rather go to a program with moonlighting opportunities versus a wage after Xpm, which is usually 5/6pm by the way, not 3pm. You never now how your life is going to change during residency and I think moonlighting is more flexible. Often the staying after Xpm is not a choice whereas moonlighting is. You're stuck there, and the program is going to pay you so you don't get too upset about it, but you're still stuck there.


I was told that UAB was $70 after 3pm, I dont know how accurate that is
 
My program once offered us $20/hr to cover CRNA calls while someone was out on maternity. How generous of them to offer 1/3 of a nurses wage huh?