Hours a Day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

step1saga

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
I have been a long time observer, but now its time to take the step in Dec
So here we go
This is not a joke, its a serious question.
I will have other responsibilities, and therefore I will be able to dedicate at the max 12 hours a day on weekdays for the next four months.

Do you guys think this is enough or not suffice? The reason I ask is because I have heard people study for 18 hours a day, and I do not have that kind of time..
I would like to know how many hours a day , have you guys dedicated and for how long to achieve good scores(99, because that seems to be the sdn standard)

Thanks,
s1s

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys
I have been a long time observer, but now its time to take the step in Dec
So here we go
This is not a joke, its a serious question.
I will have other responsibilities, and therefore I will be able to dedicate at the max 12 hours a day on weekdays for the next four months.

Do you guys think this is enough or not suffice? The reason I ask is because I have heard people study for 18 hours a day, and I do not have that kind of time..
I would like to know how many hours a day , have you guys dedicated and for how long to achieve good scores(99, because that seems to be the sdn standard)

Thanks,
s1s

If you can legitimately spend 12 hours each day studying (and I mean studying not messing around online, etc.), you'll be more than prepared for Step I in December.

If you can legitimately spend 12 hours each day studying (and I mean studying not messing around online, etc.), you'll be more than prepared for Step I in December.

ur right, thats the catch.
But who was the person that used solely just UW and did it like 5 times? I think that's my plan. I dont think I ll have time for anything else if I take it in dec.

Can anyone please dig up for me that post where this dude studied only UW did it 5 times and scored a 99?

:)

ppl say you should study 10-12 hours a day...but that's if you have the exam in about 6 weeks or so. If you're writing in december, then that's just overkill imo. 6-7 hours should be good which is what I'm doing now tho im writing in oct or nov.

ppl say you should study 10-12 hours a day...but that's if you have the exam in about 6 weeks or so. If you're writing in december, then that's just overkill imo. 6-7 hours should be good which is what I'm doing now tho im writing in oct or nov.

Thanks for ur input sumyoung guy really appreciate it, I think the key is to ACTUALLY study the assigned hours........
THanks I can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!