hours away from e-submit...one more question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dino_flagellate

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a GPA around 3.0, and I'll take my DAT in August.

Here is my list of schools I'll apply to:

Arizona
Boston
Case
Creighton
Indiana
Loma Linda
NYU
Nova
UOP
Temple
Tufts
UF (My State School)

What do you all think? Do you think this is a good list of schools that accept the least competitive students (I know this sounds pathetic, but I'm desperate for some opinions).

Members don't see this ad.

that looks like a good list. i think you'll be fine, just focus on doing really well on the DAT!

You might want to add U Louisville. At least check out their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have the money it really can't hurt to add more schools. Maybe Louisville and Pitt.

I would never think of you as least competetive! Do well on DAT and show them your worth!

drengineer said:
I would never think of you as least competetive! Do well on DAT and show them your worth!

Thank you for the positive vibe, drengineer! I appreciate it!

I'm def. adding University of Louisville, but still 50/50 on Pitts.

I was actually supposed to apply last Tue. Got postponed to Wed. And now today, it is Fri. This application NEEDS to go out tonight! Everything is ready, just one more check up and school designations.

My list is above, I was hoping people here could reread my OP, and let me know what schools I should add/delete according to my position.

I am probably at the lower when it comes to stats, so I know a lot of you don't have this kind of problem (lucky you), but there are a lot of us who do (me being one of them), and we want to apply only to the least competitive schools (schools that most of you would consider 'safe schools')

My question is, what are they, and is my list comprehensive enough? What school(s) should I add/delete.

I in know way mean to discredit any school, so if you go to dental school, and your school is listed in the OP, please don't take any offense.

i needed some opinions on loma linda and creighton - are they considered 'safe schools', i couldn't find that many stats on them.

I would also add USC.

Eddie830 said:
I would also add USC.

thanks, i'll look into it before tonight, but what about the list in the OP, do you think some of those schools just don't belong in that kind of category?

why are there so little posts on this subject, i thought this would be a central talking point, especially in this time of the application process, don't you guys think this is important (especially the under 3.0 clubers).

is it because people don't want others to know what schools there applying too, and keep it all hush hush? i hope not!

dino_flagellate said:
I have a GPA around 3.0, and I'll take my DAT in August.

Here is my list of schools I'll apply to:

Arizona
Boston
Case
Creighton
Indiana
Loma Linda
NYU
Nova
UOP
Temple
Tufts
UF (My State School)

What do you all think? Do you think this is a good list of schools that accept the least competitive students (I know this sounds pathetic, but I'm desperate for some opinions).

If you are looking for safety schools only, your list is a little long...Schools like UOP, Indiana, and Arizona are not generally considered Safety schools anymore (depending on residency). Some of the other schools you have chosen can be considered "safety schools" by people with DATs in the 20s and GPAs around 3.5 but the fact of the matter is, admissions numbers are up so much that there isn't much safety in a 3.0 GPA. Good luck on the DAT :luck: :luck:

UtahDDS said:
If you are looking for safety schools only, your list is a little long...Schools like UOP, Indiana, and Arizona are not generally considered Safety schools anymore (depending on residency). Some of the other schools you have chosen can be considered "safety schools" by people with DATs in the 20s and GPAs around 3.5 but the fact of the matter is, admissions numbers are up so much that there isn't much safety in a 3.0 GPA. Good luck on the DAT :luck: :luck:

Thanks UtahDDS, It took a while to take in, but I think your post has just struck me with a bit of reality. You are absolutely right! There is no such thing as a safety school anymore.

But the fact remains, what schools should I apply to then? Not apply at all? I couldn't possibly do that! My GPA is def. around 3.0, but my GPA over the past 2 of the 4 years has averaged about 3.6 (both science and overall). I don't even want to go into how bad my first two years were!

So that said, I was hoping you (or someone else could give me more insight as to what schools are considered the lower end).

dino_flagellate said:
Thanks UtahDDS, It took a while to take in, but I think your post has just struck me with a bit of reality. You are absolutely right! There is no such thing as a safety school anymore.

But the fact remains, what schools should I apply to then? Not apply at all? I couldn't possibly do that! My GPA is def. around 3.0, but my GPA over the past 2 of the 4 years has averaged about 3.6 (both science and overall). I don't even want to go into how bad my first two years were!

So that said, I was hoping you (or someone else could give me more insight as to what schools are considered the lower end).

Your list actually looks pretty good. Some people here have mentioned adding Louisville. I am not sure about that. It all depends on how you do on the DAT. You should be fine as long as you smoke the DAT. ADCOMS like to see positive trends in GPA's so at least you have that working in your favor. :luck: :luck: