SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

hours of work/week also working part time

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by Nick50, May 16, 2008.

1. Nick50

May 14, 2008
    After I graduate I wanted to know if the working hours of a Physical therapist are just your 8-4 or 9-5...In hospitals, can you work after say 4 o clock for extra hours to make more money..I plan on working a typical 40 hours a week but am wondering if you can pick up extra hours at a hospital/any clinic or even on the weekends? Does anyone work at two different places to make more money..I just want to do this for maybe the 1st three 3 years to pay off my huge amount of debt (120,000) that I am about to accumulate.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ALPT81

May 5, 2008
    There are a lot of hospitals that hire PTs to work on the weekends. I usually work in an outpatient setting but just got hired for a casual position in an acute setting. I'm mainly doing it to earn extra money, but I also won't mind the experience. The nice thing is that I don't have to commit to a certain number of hours.
  4. Bad0 Fish0

Bad0 Fish0 2+ Year Member

Aug 18, 2007
    If you're talking about overtime, no, PTs aren't offered that option in the hospital setting unfortunately. You will probably be required to rotate weekends, though.