Hours worked per week?

Started by MD Dreams
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MD Dreams

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking at some job postings, it seems like the starting salary for radiology is 350k going up to 550k+ in 2 or more years (after partnership). They also include 12 weeks vacation and all the packages you could ask for.

My question is this: About how many hours per week does one have to work to earn such an income? I guess I'm trying to figure out what the per hourly rate would be so that I can compare it to some other specialites in order to determine if radiologist really make more per hour, or do they just work a lot more and thus make more money. Thanks in advance.
 
MD Dreams said:
Looking at some job postings, it seems like the starting salary for radiology is 350k going up to 550k+ in 2 or more years (after partnership). They also include 12 weeks vacation and all the packages you could ask for.

My question is this: About how many hours per week does one have to work to earn such an income? I guess I'm trying to figure out what the per hourly rate would be so that I can compare it to some other specialites in order to determine if radiologist really make more per hour, or do they just work a lot more and thus make more money. Thanks in advance.

The latter.