House Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Decayist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be moving in with a friend in a year. I'll be going into medical school and I want to know if you think it'd be wise to stay in a rented house during those years. They'll have a job and will be a soon to be mortician by then. I'm personally scared I won't be able to work and we wont be able to pay rent. Any thoughts or advise?

Members don't see this ad.

Do the math. Loans give you enough income to afford X amount of housing. Can you and your roommate afford to rent a house with the amount you can get together between loans and money you have saved? If not, don't do it. If so, do it. Pretty simple. Do what you can afford.

I'm in a pretty cheap area and was able to rent a house no probs with two other classmates.

Yeah, you'll be able to take out as much money as you want up to some limit set by your school (of course you could then even add on private loans to go over that). It's tuition + whatever your school says is the cost of living for its students. My school is something like 20k in living expenses.

Just a heads up, living with friends can make friends ... not friends