House Hunting in Nova

Started by pl512
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pl512

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering for those of you attending or will be attending Nova, where do you guys live? Do you know of any trustworthy realtors? Thanks!! 😛
 
pl512 said:
I was wondering for those of you attending or will be attending Nova, where do you guys live? Do you know of any trustworthy realtors? Thanks!! 😛
I will be starting at NOVA this fall too and I am in the same situation about housing. I was in the area last weak and tried to look at a couple of places but there is nothing available now for August. Few places have a waiting list already for August and there is a fee to get on the waiting list.
 
Yeah I am on a waiting list for cedar keys. I am coming from Canada, so I won't be able to bring any furniture. Hopefully I can find some roommates that have most of the stuff already set up or rent a furnished room. I don't know how to go about it. Any suggestions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jb4teen said:
Yeah I am on a waiting list for cedar keys. I am coming from Canada, so I won't be able to bring any furniture. Hopefully I can find some roommates that have most of the stuff already set up or rent a furnished room. I don't know how to go about it. Any suggestions?

Check out craigslist.com and http://www.myidealhome.com . They are free online post places that have quite a few listings for rooms for rent in the greater Fort Lauderdale area. I jumped on the waitlist for Cedar Keys in October and I got a phone call today from them saying they had a few openings in August. Hopefully you'll hear from them soon!
 
jb4teen said:
Yeah I am on a waiting list for cedar keys. I am coming from Canada, so I won't be able to bring any furniture. Hopefully I can find some roommates that have most of the stuff already set up or rent a furnished room. I don't know how to go about it. Any suggestions?
I am coming from NJ and won't be bringing any furniture either. I guess I will have to buy something used there. Are you bringing a car? When did you get on the waiting list? Do you know how many people are ahead of you?
 
april22 said:
I am coming from NJ and won't be bringing any furniture either. I guess I will have to buy something used there. Are you bringing a car? When did you get on the waiting list? Do you know how many people are ahead of you?

No I am selling my truck this summer to help pay for some of the costs. I am hoping to get a place that is close enough to walk to school. I got on the waiting list in Feb. They actually called me the other day and told me there was a spot open for me, but I asked them to bump me back a bit. I want to find a roommate that is already set up and everything therefore I won't have to bring as much. Haha I dunno if this will all work out, but it would be nice.