Housing and Columbia Post Bacc

Started by Crake
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Crake

I drive a Dodge Stratus!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kinda putting the cart ahead of the horse here. . . but, assuming that I get accepted into Columbia Post-bacc, how difficult is it to actually get into university housing? The Columbia website makes it seem like all requests need to be made before July 31, but what if I don't get accepted until August? Does that mean I need to find housing in NYC and move in with only a few weeks before class?

I know there's a few CU post-baccs out there, I'd be very greatful for your perspective!
 
I started the CU postbacc program in 2000. I was accepted near the end of July, and even though I turned in my housing application right away, I was still waitlisted (approx. #400 on the waitlist). So, I think it's a good idea to plan on finding your own housing. Columbia's off-campus housing website has many apartment listings, and you can also check craigslist.com. And actually, my current place will open up in mid-August when I move uptown to start med school at Mt. Sinai, so PM me if interested.