Housing at Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stormshadow23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on housing at Case. I'm from the west coast, so I don't know too much about Cleveland. Are there any current students who live at the dental fraternity? Any information would be appreciated...thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ANYBODY ELSE? What about the financial aid? are you guys applying for private loans too? where?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Cleveland. The area around Case is NOT a great area. My best advice is to move about 15-20 minutes away. It's more affordable and WAY safer. I can give you #'s if you need them.

bah! if you stay on overlook road you'll be fine. Im going to live within walking distance because parking sucks at case

stormshadow23 said:
Does anyone have any info on housing at Case. I'm from the west coast, so I don't know too much about Cleveland. Are there any current students who live at the dental fraternity? Any information would be appreciated...thanks!

Case is NOT in that bad of an area. I have lived in Cleveland all my life and went to Case for undergrad. In all that time, I have never felt threatened when in Unversity Circle. Just be sure to avoid East Cleveland, which is east of campus -- there are some pretty shaddy areas over there.

Cleveland Heights, which is ~5 minutes from the campus, has a lot of nice, older housing -- lots of personality! Hessler street, which is on the north side of campus (very close to the dental fraternity), also has a lot of nice apartments -- they are a little expensive though. During my senior year, I lived on Hessler and I believe our rent was ~$1200/month for a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath apartment. Split among 3 people, though, it's cheaper than the dorms.

Let me know if you'd like more info! :)

For those of you going to Case that want to own a home instead of renting a small apartment you can buy my house. I live no more than 20 minutes from Case in Lyndhurst, an East Side Cleveland suburb (NOT East Cleveland the City). I got into Ohio State College of Dentistry for next year so we put our house up for sale last week. My wife and I used to live in Cleveland Heights on Overlook and on Derbyshire, both in the Coventry area. We pay a little more in mortgage as you will pay for a Cleveland Heights 2 bedroom apartment (ie: Overlook, Murray Hill, etc...). It's a quiet, family-friendly neighborhood away from downtown and the immediate campus area. Most importantly though is that we have a 2 car garage - good luck trying to find a "car port" for both cars (if you have 2 for the fam) if you live in a Cleveland Heights/Coventry apartment.

Our real estate listing:

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/Hom...63F83FA434CC&snumxlid=1055971293&lnksrc=00002

PM me if you are interested.

- Doug