housing at UNECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frugivorexc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a current UNECOM student. I was wondering if anyone who has been accepted to next year's class is moving to the area soon and looking for shared housing immediately. Two of my friends live in a VERY nice house about 2.5 miles from campus. Its 3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, hardwood floors, new appliances, garage/storage space, W/D, hot tub, deck, large yard facing the Saco River (with rope swing), off street parking. Its $500/mo. plus utilities. Available February 1-August 1, with a possibility of renewing the 12 mo. lease. Looking for a neat, non-smoker, who is dog friendly.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, not looking for shared housing, but moving to the area in June or July with my family. Where should we look to purchase housing for a family of 4? Are there better resources than others for real estate and are there better areas to live in than others?

My wife, cat and I are moving up to the area in the late May/early June time frame. She's an Occupational Therapist looking for a job in that area so we would like to stay close to Saco/Biddeford/Biddeford Pool area. Any suggestions for us as well? Please?! Danke!
Cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Fozziewan and ShyRem,
Have you guys checked out Craigslist at all for housing in the area? Here is a link for housing in Biddeford on the site: Biddeford housing You can also check the Portland Press Herald, the regions main newspaper. Here is the link to the housing section: PPH housing There is some info too on the Class of '09 thread too. Hope that this helps.

fozziewan said:
My wife, cat and I are moving up to the area in the late May/early June time frame. She's an Occupational Therapist looking for a job in that area so we would like to stay close to Saco/Biddeford/Biddeford Pool area. Any suggestions for us as well? Please?! Danke!
Cheers

Hey man. My wife is an occupational therapist as well. She works at Maine Medical Center in Portland. She also works per Diem with a company called rehab works, and they are always hiring. Since we are leaving the area this july (for 3rd/4th) year, there will probably be a job opening up at Maine Med. We live in Biddeford and the commute for her is about 20 mins and 10 mins for me to get to campus. Good luck.

fozziewan said:
Cheers

Oh, and I also know that a few of her coworkers at Maine med are leaving as well. And at her per diem job they keep offering her a full time position.

Let me know if you or your wife have any more specific questions for me or my wife. Good luck at UNECOM... I'm sure you will love it.

Shodddy18 said:
Oh, and I also know that a few of her coworkers at Maine med are leaving as well. And at her per diem job they keep offering her a full time position.

Let me know if you or your wife have any more specific questions for me or my wife. Good luck at UNECOM... I'm sure you will love it.

Hey, thanks for all the useful info! Greatly appreciated. I'm going to start browsing craigslist and will pass the OT info on to m'lday.
-Cheers,
Steve F.

If you can stand a 20 min. commute, and want to rent, nearer to Portland will be more of a fun place to live than Biddeford. However, the real estate will be more expensive. There are areas of Portland which are cheaper, but prices are always more expensive the more urban it gets.

Oh, my husband would absolutely LOVE a quiet place away from everything. With two kids, we're not much for 'fun city life'. So nice small town or place in the middle of nowhere but within 30 min of UNE would be perfect. (I used to commute 1 hr each way to work when I was working in Denver so 30 min would be nothing.) We really don't want to consider living in Portland.

ShyRem said:
Oh, my husband would absolutely LOVE a quiet place away from everything. With two kids, we're not much for 'fun city life'. So nice small town or place in the middle of nowhere but within 30 min of UNE would be perfect. (I used to commute 1 hr each way to work when I was working in Denver so 30 min would be nothing.) We really don't want to consider living in Portland.

If you don't mind a 50 min. drive, Waterboro has been recommended to us a few times; it is on Arrowhead lake and the cost of housing is quite good compared to around Biddeford. We've looked through there, and it looked nice, especially for the prices, but decided it would be a bit too far for us to drive.

frugivorexc said:
I am a current UNECOM student. I was wondering if anyone who has been accepted to next year's class is moving to the area soon and looking for shared housing immediately. Two of my friends live in a VERY nice house about 2.5 miles from campus. Its 3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, hardwood floors, new appliances, garage/storage space, W/D, hot tub, deck, large yard facing the Saco River (with rope swing), off street parking. Its $500/mo. plus utilities. Available February 1-August 1, with a possibility of renewing the 12 mo. lease. Looking for a neat, non-smoker, who is dog friendly.
I'm going to PCOM but I'd like to live there :laugh: That place sounds awesome!!

frugivorexc said:

Frug, I am hoping to attend UNECOM in the fall. I live in NH now and this house sounds pretty awesome. Only thing is, I wouldnt be moving up there until just a little bit before school starts. If there is anyway I can maybe check out the house and meet you guys, that would be pretty cool. Catch me on AIM or drop me a message back here. Thanks.
-Rob