Housing for Harvard Post Bac Fall 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misterd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope I'm not too late in posting this, but I'm looking for housing options for this fall at Harvard for the post-bac pre med classes. Ideally, I'd like to live with other post-baccers because I think it would create a good study environment.

I'm from Palo Alto, CA, but am currently working overseas. If any of you have any advice on how to find housing in the Cambridge area, please let me know!

Thanks
David

Members don't see this ad.

My roommate and I just finished our first year in the Health Careers Program. We need two new roommates starting September 1. We would like those roommates to be students. We would also prefer that they be male.

We live on the 3rd floor of a 3-story house one mile from Harvard Square in Huron Village (you can look it up on Google Maps). The walk to campus is about 20 minutes, and the buses (of which there are several nearby) take less than 5 minutes. There are several grocery stores within walking distance (Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and three local grocers). The neighborhood itself is very safe, pleasant, and quiet.

Our place has 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a large living room, a large kitchen, and a nice deck in the back. Since we're on the 3rd floor, all rooms get a lot of sunlight.

Rent is $625 a month. Utilities (gas, electric, and oil heat for the winter months) are not included, but they don't get too expensive. We have a coin-operated washer and dryer in the basement.

My roommate and I are very studious dudes, ages 25 and 23. Last semester we both took Chemistry I and II, and Physics I and II. I'm taking Organic Chemistry I and II this summer, and my roommate is working in a hospital. In the fall, we both start Biology I, and my roommate will start Orgo I.

In addition to rocking the academics, we DO go out, party, and have a good time with friends at appropriate points during the semester. We're neither stuffy nerds nor drunken A-holes. We're normal, and awesome.

RULES:
1- Help keep the common areas clean. That includes assisting with trash and the dishwasher, if you cook.
2- Keep your own room clean. We've had smelly roommates and it wasn't cool.
3- Don't eat our food.
4- We don't want cable TV in the living room, but you can have it hooked up in your own room.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. My e-Mail address is [email protected]. Pictures available upon request.

To all the rest of you, good luck with the Health Careers Program. It's hard, but if you put in the hours, you'll do fine.