1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

housing for uacp?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by rxmd80, Mar 27, 2007.

1. rxmd80

rxmd80 uacpbound
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    for those accepted to uacp.. have u applied for any of the apts. available on the site?..have u applied for your loans or is it too early?

r u planning to buy new furniture for your dwelling? how does that go...first time moving out...thanks:cool:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KellyBean

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Furniture: nope...if anything, just run to walmart or target. I only need a desk and a chair. NOTHING ELSE!!

Loans: Yes, apply now.

Housing: Yes, apply now. I've been contacting some current students cause I want their apartments! I'm very specific in what I look for. Either 2-3 bedroom apartment, walking distance to the school, internet is a must!!

Have you received your admission packet?

4. fmbzp5

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist

wal mart furniture is so horribly junky. Maybe you can just order from IKEA and have it shipped directly to your place. Saves you on having to move it through those mountain roads and the quality is far superior for not much more.

5. KellyBean

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    IKEA?? You think they would deliver it over those big mountains?? I don't really have anything big and heavy right now. My desk from Big Lots cost me $20, so I'll probably buy another $20 desk and assemble it myself :) When I move here, I probably won't take anything with my except my 100+ pairs of shoes..lol..j/k :D

6. fmbzp5

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    IKEA probably uses a third party delivery system to get the crap to you. Since it is also something you have to assemble upon delivery. I will tell you the 70 dollar desk my friend got there compared to the 50 buck deal at wal mart is like night and day in quality. That is why the suggestion :) They also have some wacky european styles if you like to be a bit out there.

7. rxmd80

rxmd80 uacpbound
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    thnx kelly bean...so where did you get contact information for current students...it would be nice to get some advice on where to live and everything...

8. danhphan80

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I haven't applied for my loans yet. I'm still looking around for the banks with the lowest interest rate. do you guys have any recommendation? :)

9. KellyBean

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Current students info: Search for threads from last year and just pm them.

Loans: Sallie Mae.

10. THEDUDEUACP

I was wondering if anyone knew when the questionaire would be sent out? I am trying to find a roomate. If there is anyone interested please contact me.