Housing For Usn Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tantan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any information on finding apartments near USN? If anyone needs a roommate, please let me know, thanks in advance!! :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

I just used rent.com to find my place. You can do a search in the area with whatever options your looking for (price, #of bedrooms, etc.). Then contact those individual apartment complexes for more details (some info that rent.com has listed on their site is not always correct). There are a lot of nice places on Green Valley Pkwy that are only about 5-10 max drive from USN's campus and in a really great area. Thats where I'd suggest you start looking.

If you have an opportunity to, I would definately make a trip out here to check out places you are considering. Trust me, some of these places look completely different in person from how they look online.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions on any specific places.

We've lived at Adobe Ranch Apartments for almost two years and have been very quiet renters. We have even recommended two USN classmates here and they moved in. Now we are finishing our second year and moving home to start our rotations. Today went to speak with the manager about moving out on July 2 (my last day of first rotation) but was told cannot stay 2 extra days. In fact, our contract expires end of May so to stay for June our rent for the one bedroom will go up from $720 to $1020. Even after I agreed to pay that extra rent the manager would not let us stay two more days in July. We have to pay for all of July!! We've never been late on our rent and have never complained about their services. Until now.

I can understand the arrogance if the place was fully rented but from the looks of it, the place is at least 30% vacant! You would think that after two years and bringing them new renters they would treat us well but instead it is opposite.

Avoid this place.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang rent is expensive. Im in the process of tryin to by a house down there and the total mortgage would be about $800ish. I hate to throw money away, into rent.

Dang rent is expensive. Im in the process of tryin to by a house down there and the total mortgage would be about $800ish. I hate to throw money away, into rent.

Same here. Renting apartments = 0% ROI. Although I may have to rent for the first few months while I go house hunting.

Do you already have a loan approved? Im going to be moving all my crap down there once my classes end this semester, around mid may.

Do you already have a loan approved? Im going to be moving all my crap down there once my classes end this semester, around mid may.

Hello Buddy,

I 'm a student of class 2013.
Could you let me know how long ( just estimated)it takes to get approved a loan ?

Thanks

Well i have a family friend thats a loan officer so mine may go a little quicker than others, plus my parents are co-signing, it should be approved by end of the week to next week. So about a week and a half total. Im not sure on others but the banks are going to be slow to lend with the way the economy is.

Well i have a family friend thats a loan officer so mine may go a little quicker than others, plus my parents are co-signing, it should be approved by end of the week to next week. So about a week and a half total. Im not sure on others but the banks are going to be slow to lend with the way the economy is.

Thank Benbhunter,

I just got accepted last week. I'm still at college right now and never know anything about Federal and Private loan.
I 'm applying for Finacial Aid soon but have to get to know more about Private loan.
I will apprecaite if you share any experince to me later.

Best and hope see you this Fall

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any information on finding apartments near USN? If anyone needs a roommate, please let me know, thanks in advance!! :) :)

Hi tantan,

I am student in class 2013 too. I just got accepted last week.
If you have any info about room/apartment near USN , pls share it to me.
I went to interview in Utah campus, but accepted the Handerson one.
I might have the trip up there to see the area.
Thanks

Im in the same boat as you tybidn, I interviewed @ utah but accepted the nevada campus. What day did you interview on?

My apartment is within walking distance of campus and is decent enough. It isn't luxurious so there are no granite countertops, gym or movie theater but it is quiet, seems safe enough and they are prompt about fixing things if something breaks. One bedrooms go for $675 and two bedrooms are $800-$850 depending on how many bathrooms you want. It is called the Arabella Apartments if you want to check it out online.

I believe my apartment is the closest one to campus but there are some houses that people rent nearby as well. Sometime in the summer, you will have access to a housing database so that should help with your search.

Im in the same boat as you tybidn, I interviewed @ utah but accepted the nevada campus. What day did you interview on?

Thank Benbhunter,

My interview day was Feb 2nd. Yours?
Utah is a nice campus. When i applied, i put either. I accepted Handerson cuz i m from CA and have some friends in there.

Hope see u there !:)

Awesome. I interviewed march 4. I chose the the henderson campus because 1) housing seems cheaper, plus i could pick up a house for cheap 2) im originally from NV-the top of the state though 3) closer to my wifes family in SoCal. 4) im ready for some warm weather!-living in idaho now.

I have also been thinking about buying a house near the Henderson campus. Ive done a bit of research and Ive found that the inexpensive houses are all being sold by the banks. The problem is that the banks are not listing all of their excess inventory. Without knowing how much inventory the banks have if hard to determine when you could expect house prices to start appreciating again.

any thoughts circle slash and ben

I have a realitor so im lookin at approved shortsales and others. Yea most of the ones online are from banks ive noticed. Short sales could sale from a week all the way to 4 months, it just depends. I bet in 3-4 years the prices will go up a bunch, but thats the million dollar question, now isnt it.

I have also been thinking about buying a house near the Henderson campus. Ive done a bit of research and Ive found that the inexpensive houses are all being sold by the banks. The problem is that the banks are not listing all of their excess inventory. Without knowing how much inventory the banks have if hard to determine when you could expect house prices to start appreciating again.

any thoughts circle slash and ben

The way I see it, the houses are so cheap in NV that the carrying cost isn't such a burden, even if the market takes 5+ or even 10+ years to turn around. Worse case, if I get a 3 bedroom home, I can rent out the other two rooms if needed and not even worry too much about the mortgage payment. Let's say once I'm done with the 3 year program, and I'm not ready to sell, I can always rent it out to future students to minimize the carrying cost. You have to understand that Benbhunter and I are from Cali, where you can buy an old shack for a quarter million in some areas. So to find a fairly new 1400 sqft house for roughly 100k is a great deal (depending on how close it is to the school).

I have a realitor so im lookin at approved shortsales and others. Yea most of the ones online are from banks ive noticed. Short sales could sale from a week all the way to 4 months, it just depends. I bet in 3-4 years the prices will go up a bunch, but thats the million dollar question, now isnt it.

Good point...you can't expect any return without taking any risks right?