Housing in Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smilei32

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think i may be going to Buffalo next year for dental school so i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on housing - how much is it approimately?... is there housing near by the school? can i get by without a car?... also im an international student - and i hear that living on campus is an issue if ure not a NY resident... please any advice i'd really appreciated - i've been in Nebraska for undergrad for these 4 years so im a little clueless about life in the East coast.... so u see i really need to get filled in

Members don't see this ad.

Smilei32 said:
I think i may be going to Buffalo next year for dental school so i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on housing - how much is it approimately?... is there housing near by the school? can i get by without a car?... also im an international student - and i hear that living on campus is an issue if ure not a NY resident... please any advice i'd really appreciated - i've been in Nebraska for undergrad for these 4 years so im a little clueless about life in the East coast.... so u see i really need to get filled in

I live somewhat close to the school and will be starting at Buffalo this August. So I'll tell you what I know.

Housing is very cheap. You could count on finding a 1 bdr apartment for $500 per month maximum. Definitely less if you really look around. And if you get a roomate, you can probably get a 2 bdr for $800. A lot of students live close enough to school to walk. So if you lived that close, you wouldn't need a car. If you plan on living close to the school, get yourself a map, and try to stay away from areas that are south or west of campus. The area gets not-so-nice once you proceed in those directions.

If you have a car, it is best to live in Amherst. It's a 5 to 10 minute drive from the school and it is a very nice area. In fact, I believe it is ranked number 3 on the Safest Cities in America.

That's everything I know. PM me if you have more questions.