Housing in SF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Stanford Fencer

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently, UCLA puts together a housing contact list for folks interested in rooming with fellow first year classmates staring in the Fall of 2002.

I haven't received my packet from UCSF, so I don't know if they do the same thing. Nevertheless, are there people interested in looking for housing with me up in SF? 🙂
 
Hey Stanford,
I had asked UCSF about that, and they said that they don't comprise a list for us. However, if you go on to their site, you'll find online services under the housing section. Some current and new students have posted availabilities there. Also, I think Craig's List is very helpful. Otherwise, I would go to the school and just look through the postings in front of the housing office. I'm still not sure what my plans for housing are, but I probably won't start looking until June. I think that's when they notify us about the Turk St. apartmnets and who was lucky enough to get housing. Are you starting to look for a place already?
 
Hi Lin,

Well, since I'm fairly near the school (and despite that I really don't know the city well at all), I'm going to start hunting just so that I narrow my selection. I'll go up over weekends to hang out around the school, and get a sense of what it's like. I'll keep you posted on what I find (in terms of area, price..etc).. I expect to have comprehensive scouting reports (good places to eat..etc) by June 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stan,

i sent you a PM, in reply to yours regarding housing plans.

reena