Housing in Urbana

Started by redruby
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

redruby

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm actually starting medical school at UIUC next year but since I'm looking for a place to accomodate my 35lb mutt, I thought people here might know of some dog-friendly apartments? I was under the impression that a lot of vet students bring pets.
 
Hi Ruby!

I am starting vet school at UIUC in the fall so I definetly know of some pet friendly places to live. I think the best place would be the Fields apartments. I happen to be from CT so I havent seen it but I am in fact living there. The website looks great, and it can come all furnished so you dont have to bring any furniture. There is a pool and a little gym on site. 😀 The rent is VERY reasonable. The website is www.collegeparkweb.com
and then you click on the state of Illinois and Fields. I know they are pet friendly, I think dogs up to 50 lbs are allowed.

Good Luck! If you decide to live in fields let me know! We'll be neighbors.

-Beauty
 
Hi,
I'm actually looking for a roommate. I will be starting vet school at the U of I next fall of 2006. I found a 2 bed apt. on 502 W. Illinois St. that allows pets and is $650 a month. Just let me know if you are interested. By the way, I plan on bringing my 20 lb mutt. I might be signing the lease on it with some people who want another 2 bed apt. at the place so she might give us a discount. The most we would pay for everything (utilities inc. electricity, parking, internet, heating, garbage, water) would be $355 a month per person (assuming $30 per month for electricity - This is the max the current tenants claim their bill is). The apt. is not furnished but does have a refridgerator and stove.
Thanks,
Trina