housing question for OSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JerseyisCutest

UGA c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know it's really early to be asking this......especially since I don't even know that I've gotten in yet but I am bored and want to anyway (plus it's better than studying OChem). Anyone that goes to OSU or knows anything about it have any suggestions on housing? Perfect situation would be to live with another vet student, preferably an older one that I could share books with, get advice from, etc. Someone who graduated from there told me that I should look in Dublin, OH b/c it's near upper arlington where the school is and apartments are cheaper and nicer there. The city I live in now is pretty uptight about pets......how about the Columbus area? I have 2 dogs that I can't leave behind so I'm wondering. Do they send out housing oppurtunities to students after you're accepted? I found some classifieds just for vet students from UGA but no such luck for OSU. Maybe I should post this in the vet board.

Members don't see this ad.

Usually in the late spring they send out a list of all of the older students that are looking to find a roommate. Personally, when I was looking for a place to live I wanted to be within 15 minute drive (even in rush hour traffic) and I moved to UA. There seem to be a lot of vet students that live close to me. I would say that Dublin/Hilliard are about 15-20 minutes during normal hours, but during rush hour they are probably about 30 minutes away. There are a lot of places that do allow pets, and a lot that don't. Once the listserve goes up you get plenty of emails of people looking for roommates/housing.

i live in dublin near the border of hilliard and it takes about 25-30 mins (though A LOT longer in the winter since they don't seem to plow roads around here when it snows...urrrrgh). my husband and i live a little further out because we bought a house, but i'd recommend living a bit closer.

I live in Columbus and go to OSU. I live in Upper Arlington and it's 15 minutes to get to campus, at most, and I don't even have to get on the highway or anything. Plenty of places take pets (I would know, I've got a 55 lb monster and I've seen all the places)...but some places are sketchier than others. UA, Hilliard, Dublin are nicer areas...Grandview is a little closer and not too bad. I got al kinds of emails in the late spring/early summer from people looking for roomies. Good luck!