Housing

Started by Lo|a
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

L

Lo|a

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who are like me and are applying to all over, what are you guys going to do about housing? That's one of my biggest concerns if I get accepted. I have no one else to support me and I don't know what I'll do if I get accepted out of state. Will loans be enough to cover both rent and tuition??? 🙁 How are some of you current pharm students living????
 
For those who are like me and are applying to all over, what are you guys going to do about housing? That's one of my biggest concerns if I get accepted. I have no one else to support me and I don't know what I'll do if I get accepted out of state. Will loans be enough to cover both rent and tuition??? 🙁 How are some of you current pharm students living????

Most schools won't charge you out of state tuition or anything, so it'll be the same tuition as it would be in whatever state you live for pharm. school. Loans are aggressive, if it's a fully accredited school especially, and plenty can be had to cover rent, school, and a decent living. Plenty decent enough for a graduate student, IMO.

The best idea is to closet your phobias if you have them, and get roommates. I'm sure it'll be mostly easy to find in whatever geographic area you get accepted in - The statistical likelihood of someone else being in your position is high, and you should be able to find an easy place to share with someone else, to make it more economical.

HTH.
 
Most schools won't charge you out of state tuition or anything, so it'll be the same tuition as it would be in whatever state you live for pharm. school. Loans are aggressive, if it's a fully accredited school especially, and plenty can be had to cover rent, school, and a decent living. Plenty decent enough for a graduate student, IMO.

The best idea is to closet your phobias if you have them, and get roommates. I'm sure it'll be mostly easy to find in whatever geographic area you get accepted in - The statistical likelihood of someone else being in your position is high, and you should be able to find an easy place to share with someone else, to make it more economical.

HTH.
Are you talking about private schools because public schools will differentiate in-state vs. out-of-state when it comes to tuition.

A program that is not fully accredited (i.e. pre-candidate & candidate) can still qualify for the same types of loans as a program that is fully accredited as long as the schools are WASC accredited. I have a friend entering dental school who took out over 90K in loans so the money will be there but the interest on the loans won't be pretty.
 
Are you talking about private schools because public schools will differentiate in-state vs. out-of-state when it comes to tuition.

A program that is not fully accredited (i.e. pre-candidate & candidate) can still qualify for the same types of loans as a program that is fully accredited as long as the schools are WASC accredited. I have a friend entering dental school who took out over 90K in loans so the money will be there but the interest on the loans won't be pretty.

Figure it'd be pretty obvious... I can't think of any state schools that don't charge OOS tuition, so my statement would automatically disqualify them. I don't know if there are any private schools that do charge OOS tuition and without looking every single one up, I chose a safe, descriptive adjective like "most".