Houston Medical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

castaway

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, what did you guys think of the first episode of this miniseries?

I liked the intimate portrayals and was amazed that real docs could reveal so much about their lives. It's definitely touching. Let's see if this beats out Hopkins 24/7. I am not going to UT Houston in August but I think this is fabulous publicity for the school (Hermann is UT-H's teaching hospital). Go Texas!

Members don't see this ad.

Thought it was a great show. I :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by DrBlueDevil:
•huh? What time/channel?•••••ABC @ 9:00 pm central on Tuesdays.

Yeah, I thought it was a great show. But too bad they only talked about surgeons...

What is Hopkins 24/7? Another show similar to Houston Medical? There's a show called Boston 24/7 but it's not entirely about medicine.

Hopkins 24/7 was a miniseries on doctors and patients at JH Hospital--a "reality" series (as opposed to "ER," I guess). I think the same producers are involved in making Houston Med. Hopkins aired last summer and was very well received.

I watched that show. Do you guys remember that hand surgeon?

The patient's husband said he was supposedly one of the best surgeons "in the world" as he put it. He said it very matter of factly.

My question is, how in the hell could that dude be one of the best hand surgeons in the world when he's only like 6 years out of residency?

Doesnt it take years to establish a rep like that?

That hand surgeon was a piece of work. Pathologically egotistical. Maybe par for the course for that sub-specialty. Makes me a little worried about what I'm getting into as an incoming med student.