Houston Methodist Radiology Residency. PLEASE HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RadCatDad

Reaction score
If anyone has any info on the above residency program (or even better if you are a current resident there) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out and DM me.

Very stressed about match and want to make the right decision about my future. I really appreciate any and all help (DM please).

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a current Methodist resident. What questions did you have about our program?

I'm a current Methodist resident. What questions did you have about our program?
Not the OP but I am also an applicant that interviewed there.

It's a new program which might be clouding my judgement of it, but what is your honest assessment of the program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I love the program and couldn't be happier here. Our attendings are very focused on giving us the best education and allowing us time to dive into more complex studies and really learn MRI in first year. The IR rotations are amazing at the amount of cases we get to do independently and even get to be involved in really complex interventional oncology cases really early on. I have nothing but amazing things to say about this program and our attendings. I am so glad I went with my gut and decided to come here because now I can't imagine training anywhere else. Please let me know if you have any specific questions. I'd be happy to answer them here or in a message.

I love the program and couldn't be happier here. Our attendings are very focused on giving us the best education and allowing us time to dive into more complex studies and really learn MRI in first year. The IR rotations are amazing at the amount of cases we get to do independently and even get to be involved in really complex interventional oncology cases really early on. I have nothing but amazing things to say about this program and our attendings. I am so glad I went with my gut and decided to come here because now I can't imagine training anywhere else. Please let me know if you have any specific questions. I'd be happy to answer them here or in a message.

im an ms3 who has started to look into programs with more detail and noticed that this program has mostly TX residents there (not suprisingly). Do you know if they're open to having outsiders or is there focus on people with ties to TX?

We are definitely open to outside applicants and want to attract awesome students from all over the country. I think the reason for that is that houston methodist has a very good name within texas and students from texas schools know how amazing of a hospital it is. I'm not sure if its as big of a name nationally.

Reactions: 1 user
do u have friends over at baylor houston / baylor dallas, UTSW, etc other texas schools? How would you compare contrast methodist with these other ones? thanks !

Yeah I definitely have friends at most of those programs and personally interviewed at them as well. I personally believe all of them are awesome and obviously am biased about Methodist. I think you'll get a great education at any Texas program and my best advice is go where you think you'll fit in the best with the culture and current residents.