Houston or Baylor ?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopperPlopper

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure whether to post in this forum or in the "Dental" one, so sorry if it's in the wrong place!

I was accepted to all three Tx school but I'm torn between Houston and Baylor and can't choose. Price wise, they are both fairly similar too.

The main reasons I was leaning Houston was because of the city and the brand new awesome facility. I lived in the DFW area all my life and thought some change might be nice, but then again Houston is going through a new curriculum too and so it's hard to gauge what it's like right now.

I loved Baylor because I know so many people who've either been there or are there now and it's got a great reputation, not to mention being closer to home. It is an older building and I've heard a lot of people complain about all the extra lab work they have to do.

There are pros/cons for both, so I was hoping for some other people's feedback or insight !

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

PM me with what you would like to know about Houston. I'll gladly give my opinion.

I was torn between Baylor and Houston too. For the exact same reasons. Houston's new curriculum and building appealed to me. Baylor's intense lab work I feel is a turn off, but they have better clinicals. Overall, I felt I needed to be closer to home and not alone in Houston. And if location did not matter to me, I would choose Houston every time.