• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Houston or Baylor ?!

HopperPlopper

Jul 16, 2012
  1. Pre-Dental
    I wasn't sure whether to post in this forum or in the "Dental" one, so sorry if it's in the wrong place!

I was accepted to all three Tx school but I'm torn between Houston and Baylor and can't choose. Price wise, they are both fairly similar too.

The main reasons I was leaning Houston was because of the city and the brand new awesome facility. I lived in the DFW area all my life and thought some change might be nice, but then again Houston is going through a new curriculum too and so it's hard to gauge what it's like right now.

I loved Baylor because I know so many people who've either been there or are there now and it's got a great reputation, not to mention being closer to home. It is an older building and I've heard a lot of people complain about all the extra lab work they have to do.

There are pros/cons for both, so I was hoping for some other people's feedback or insight !

Thanks

Saiph

Jan 5, 2012
    Texas
    1. Dental Student
      I was torn between Baylor and Houston too. For the exact same reasons. Houston's new curriculum and building appealed to me. Baylor's intense lab work I feel is a turn off, but they have better clinicals. Overall, I felt I needed to be closer to home and not alone in Houston. And if location did not matter to me, I would choose Houston every time.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.