Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Houston Pharmacy schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by dnguyen1969, Jan 6, 2009.

1. dnguyen1969

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Anybody in here got into the school/s in Houston? Would you mind sharing your stats and not just the listed averages.

I just received my grades for Micro and Gen Chem. I got B for both and I am kinda bum out. I wasn't expecting my second baby to be premature the week before finals and definitely didn't count daily quizes either. Let me tell you going straight to class from the hospital to take a quiz with virtually no sleep is no picnic.

Anyways, thanks for those who wouldn't mind sharing.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Texas PharmDoc

Texas PharmDoc Pharmacy Student
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student

Well the averages are listed to give you an idea. If every single accepted Houston applicant listed their stats it would just give the average.

For the most part, if you have a lower GPA you might wanna get a better score on the PCAT to make up for it.

Just keep in there, study hard, raise those grades and you will be alright.

4. pharmplz11

pharmplz11 May Discolor Urine
    5+ Year Member

I had a 3.08 and a 78 pcat last year and didn't get an interview if that helps... to both schools.

5. dnguyen1969

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks, pharmplz11

Have you apply to other schools and also are you planning to stay just in Texas?

6. pharmplz11

pharmplz11 May Discolor Urine
    5+ Year Member

Yeah I applied to a bunch of schools this year outside of Texas, i think 10 in all. I think this is a better approach than strictly sticking to Texas schools. Anywho, good luck with your apps hopefully you can get in. And congrats on the new baby.