Houston Pharmacy schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnguyen1969

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody in here got into the school/s in Houston? Would you mind sharing your stats and not just the listed averages.

I just received my grades for Micro and Gen Chem. I got B for both and I am kinda bum out. I wasn't expecting my second baby to be premature the week before finals and definitely didn't count daily quizes either. Let me tell you going straight to class from the hospital to take a quiz with virtually no sleep is no picnic.

Anyways, thanks for those who wouldn't mind sharing.

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody in here got into the school/s in Houston? Would you mind sharing your stats and not just the listed averages.

I just received my grades for Micro and Gen Chem. I got B for both and I am kinda bum out. I wasn't expecting my second baby to be premature the week before finals and definitely didn't count daily quizes either. Let me tell you going straight to class from the hospital to take a quiz with virtually no sleep is no picnic.

Anyways, thanks for those who wouldn't mind sharing.

Well the averages are listed to give you an idea. If every single accepted Houston applicant listed their stats it would just give the average.

For the most part, if you have a lower GPA you might wanna get a better score on the PCAT to make up for it.

Just keep in there, study hard, raise those grades and you will be alright.

I had a 3.08 and a 78 pcat last year and didn't get an interview if that helps... to both schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, pharmplz11

Have you apply to other schools and also are you planning to stay just in Texas?

Yeah I applied to a bunch of schools this year outside of Texas, i think 10 in all. I think this is a better approach than strictly sticking to Texas schools. Anywho, good luck with your apps hopefully you can get in. And congrats on the new baby.