Houston PRN for office based anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anesthesia19

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Looking for some coverage help from any Houston Anesthesiologists looking for PRN work. Could grow to more of a full time role (if interested) as case volume seems to be growing

$600/hr, all equipment, medications, cart etc provided.

Feel free to reach out for more details
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tough sell. Oral max cases are generally a min $4000/6 hr in my neck of the woods

EMT guys can do it for $100/hr if you want. More profit margin for you.
Is this really that far off? 4k for 6 hours is 660/hr and not taking into account cost of setup
 
Is this really that far off? 4k for 6 hours is 660/hr and not taking into account cost of setup
Yup. These are md or crna rates. No one is cheap.

Again if you want to make profit. Just pay an emt $600 for the entire day and let the dentist and you make the profit.

That’s my advice.

Or give them 30% of the total charges the facility is taking.
 
Tough sell. Oral max cases are generally a min $4000/6 hr in my neck of the woods

EMT guys can do it for $100/hr if you want. More profit margin for you.

Is this really that far off? 4k for 6 hours is 660/hr and not taking into account cost of setup
Meh, I'd rather do 350-400/hr in a hospital/ASC with a 8-10 hour guarantee over 600/hr with a 4 hour guarantee. But I am sure you will have some takers for those half-day shifts. 2400 for a half day isnt bad.
 
Meh, I'd rather do 350-400/hr in a hospital/ASC with a 8-10 hour guarantee over 600/hr with a 4 hour guarantee. But I am sure you will have some takers for those half-day shifts. 2400 for a half day isnt bad.
Only suckers take the $2400/4 hrs. But again…we know there are suckers out there and I hope they read these forums. Oral max cases are generally higher risk at stand alone office base places.

At almost any ASC in at. I’m not showing up unless it’s $4000/8 hr guaranteed to do solo cases. And these are easy gi/urology/ortho solo cases.

I was sitting on $750/hr to do 7-130pm solo with all 8 hr gurantee next Friday and some idiot doc decided to work for $500/hr next Friday lol. And he’s my friend. I’m calling him and saying wtf are you doing bruh. So some people don’t smell blood like I do.
 
Only suckers take the $2400/4 hrs
Well then call me a sucker if something like this was offered near me I’d jump at it. Morning only, excellent pay 50% more than the going local rate for Level 1 work. No one in my state or surrounding offers more. And you’d get the afternoon off to do whatever you need. Great deal.
 
Well then call me a sucker if something like this was offered near me I’d jump at it. Morning only, excellent pay 50% more than the going local rate for Level 1 work. No one in my state or surrounding offers more. And you’d get the afternoon off to do whatever you need. Great deal.
Everyone has a number they are willing to work for.

I’d be sure to make sure you review every oral max surgery patient they wanna book
 
Well then call me a sucker if something like this was offered near me I’d jump at it. Morning only, excellent pay 50% more than the going local rate for Level 1 work. No one in my state or surrounding offers more. And you’d get the afternoon off to do whatever you need. Great deal.
I'd much rather do a gunshot to the liver than dental/office based anesthesia.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OP has ad on Gaswork and a prominent social media presence. Those interested can get a flavor of the practice. There is some promotion and salesmanship involved. Probably a good fit for some and not for others.
Texted a crna friend of mine who does tons of these mobile anesthesia

$3500/day/6 hr min is the going rate in Florida.

I’m just trying to educate people here. And Florida tends to pay lower than Texas

Just as important, even he stresses as a crna patient selection matters because these guys really try to push the limit on some iffy patients.

I don’t know about Texas regulations. But Florida limits office based anesthesia to Asa 1/2 and of course they will try to push Asa 3 on you. Even a healthy 30 year old at office based anesthesia with bmi 40 by asa criteria (severe systemic disease/morbid obesity) is automatically asa 3. And those are the patients these dentist /oral max guys will push on you. It’s an extremely lucrative dental business. They can share more of the wealth. Or just hire a crna like my friend for $3500/day/6 hrs
 
Texted a crna friend of mine who does tons of these mobile anesthesia

$3500/day/6 hr min is the going rate in Florida.

I’m just trying to educate people here. And Florida tends to pay lower than Texas

Just as important, even he stresses as a crna patient selection matters because these guys really try to push the limit on some iffy patients.

I don’t know about Texas regulations. But Florida limits office based anesthesia to Asa 1/2 and of course they will try to push Asa 3 on you. Even a healthy 30 year old at office based anesthesia with bmi 40 by asa criteria (severe systemic disease/morbid obesity) is automatically asa 3. And those are the patients these dentist /oral max guys will push on you. It’s an extremely lucrative dental business. They can share more of the wealth. Or just hire a crna like my friend for $3500/day/6 hrs

There is zero pushing cases. I am the MD. They are dentists. Even the OMFS guys haven't seen clinical medicine in decades.

End of the day, if it's not safe to be done, it ain't getting done by me. They can find someone else. Or they can do straight local with oral sedation. Zero push back to me. Maybe I'm lucky that I'm working with offices that appreciate having a physician available. Or maybe the CRNAs don't know what they don't know and just roll with whatever is forced to them.

Offices bend over backwards to accommodate. They reach out to PCP or cardiology for clearances. They ask for echos when I want one. They're not simply posting ASA 3 patients and having the MD do the grunt work.

But feel free to PM me for more details.
 
Yup. These are md or crna rates. No one is cheap.

Again if you want to make profit. Just pay an emt $600 for the entire day and let the dentist and you make the profit.

That’s my advice.

Or give them 30% of the total charges the facility is taking.
EMTs can do anesthesia? Like the ambulance kids?