You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Houston, TX Rph Hourly Rate?
Started by penicillinman
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My goodness. That is terrible.
In 2009, pharmacists were starting out at 58 an hour across the country. Of course hospital pharmacists have historically been paid lower than their retail counterparts. Most of the retail guys on the east coast are making 60+ dollars an hour from what I've heard.
As far as the residency trained, clinical position guys, you will probably continue to be paid lower until pharmacists are recognized as providers. At this point none of your services are billable.
In 2009, pharmacists were starting out at 58 an hour across the country. Of course hospital pharmacists have historically been paid lower than their retail counterparts. Most of the retail guys on the east coast are making 60+ dollars an hour from what I've heard.
As far as the residency trained, clinical position guys, you will probably continue to be paid lower until pharmacists are recognized as providers. At this point none of your services are billable.
retail rph, $64/hr
What chain? HEB? thats the only one that i know pays that high
My goodness. That is terrible.
In 2009, pharmacists were starting out at 58 an hour across the country. Of course hospital pharmacists have historically been paid lower than their retail counterparts. Most of the retail guys on the east coast are making 60+ dollars an hour from what I've heard.
As far as the residency trained, clinical position guys, you will probably continue to be paid lower until pharmacists are recognized as providers. At this point none of your services are billable.
Of course...and none of that is going to happen anytime soon. With NPs and PAs, there is really no need for clinical pharmacists. Even retail pharmacists in New Jersey right now are able to have prescriptive authority for flu vaccinations using their NPI when billing for such services. Retail is the bread and butter of pharmacy. Clinical pharmacy to me is just all made up and very few people actually succeed enough to command and justify their own unique position within a hospital system. Almost all "clinical" pharmacist positions I've seen are hybrid positions where he/she spends considerable amount of time in the basement verifying.
low 40? that is insane. is the pay generally low in south florida for any profession?South Florida hospitals start their pharmacists out at the low 40's. Really makes me want to find another job.
low 40? that is insane. is the pay generally low in south florida for any profession?
Because of the saturation, pay is starting to come down. I'm seeing lower starting salaries in NJ than in previous years.
I am from jersey as well.. tho i have never seen low 40s.. maybe mid 40s? rwj pays 50 to start i heardBecause of the saturation, pay is starting to come down. I'm seeing lower starting salaries in NJ than in previous years.
1-3% yearly depending on evaluation. Basically less than inflation. Good way to lower salaries over time, no?But how are the raises? Good?
That's the one saving grace. Evening, overnight, and weekend differential that all stack. My average hourly rate is a little over $3 higher than my stated rate, but that still puts me below $50/hr.And I hope there is shift diff for weekend and evening also!.
I'm not happy with it, but I was willing to accept it because it was a position at a high acuity hospital specialty with a good reputation. Great opportunity to get experience out of school with no residency. However, now I'm in a few years and feel the need for increased pay. I'm no longer a new grad, but someone who has proven myself to be competent and able to handle difficult situations. It's just a shame that I would likely have to relocate to get the kind of pay I was expecting straight out of school.
The really funny thing is that we have had trouble attracting good talent. So many of our new hires are unable to handle the work and are let go, yet our administration still acts like we are all replaceable. It's rough when they constantly say that you are appreciated, yet their actions say otherwise.
1-3% yearly depending on evaluation. Basically less than inflation. Good way to lower salaries over time, no?
That's the one saving grace. Evening, overnight, and weekend differential that all stack. My average hourly rate is a little over $3 higher than my stated rate, but that still puts me below $50/hr.
I'm not happy with it, but I was willing to accept it because it was a position at a high acuity hospital specialty with a good reputation. Great opportunity to get experience out of school with no residency. However, now I'm in a few years and feel the need for increased pay. I'm no longer a new grad, but someone who has proven myself to be competent and able to handle difficult situations. It's just a shame that I would likely have to relocate to get the kind of pay I was expecting straight out of school.
The really funny thing is that we have had trouble attracting good talent. So many of our new hires are unable to handle the work and are let go, yet our administration still acts like we are all replaceable. It's rough when they constantly say that you are appreciated, yet their actions say otherwise.
You didn't do a residency.
Should have just gone to retail bro.
I'm sure you're being cute, but I make the same money and do the same job as colleagues with a residency. The area is just extremely saturated.You didn't do a residency.
Should have just gone to retail bro.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure you're being cute, but I make the same money and do the same job as colleagues with a residency. The area is just extremely saturated.
Could of fooled me. Reading some of your previous posts on the matter suggests you weren't treated like your equal counterparts who completed residencies.
Could of fooled me. Reading some of your previous posts on the matter suggests you weren't treated like your equal counterparts who completed residencies.
It's definitely been a struggle to prove myself, but I've managed to earn respect. The challenge is when people give the benefit of the doubt to anyone with a residency, but assume incompetence from those without.
To suggest I give up the good fight and go to retail? Where's your fighting spirit, Kakarot?
It's definitely been a struggle to prove myself, but I've managed to earn respect. The challenge is when people give the benefit of the doubt to anyone with a residency, but assume incompetence from those without.
To suggest I give up the good fight and go to retail? Where's your fighting spirit, Kakarot?
The real fight is in retail, son.
Me working retail would be like Yamcha training in Vegeta's gravity chamber.The real fight is in retail, son.
You know what, from now on I only relate pharmacy stories in terms of DBZ.
Me working retail would be like Yamcha training in Vegeta's gravity chamber.
You know what, from now on I only relate pharmacy stories in terms of DBZ.
You're like Piccolo amongst the Saiyans (residents) on Earth. You'll never be one of them.
Come back to Namek and serve Frieza.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K