Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yuri ronin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from houston yet?
It seems that houston and NECO take a long time or is this just me?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I heard from Houston already but it may not be fair because they accepted me right after the interview on Sept. 23rd. So, that may not be helpful to you. But, I guess I have heard from them.

anyone else know about how long it takes to hear from Houston? I just finished my app yesterday, and just curious... also does anyone know if the letter of recommendation forms that you download online are absolutely necessary if there is an official letterhead ?? The reason i'm asking is because I originally wasn't going to apply to UH so when I asked for my letters of recommendation, I didn't give my professors the forms. Now i'm freaking out, because some of the letters took a really long time to get sent, so i'm wondering if i'm going to have to wait another month for these forms to be filled out. I called UH and left a message with their office and never received a call back about my question.. HELP!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure they required the form and the letter. The form isn't very hard to do though. Just fill out a few things and give it to the professor to finish up. But, yes, I'm pretty sure they are both required. And if they don't call you back the next day, call them again. It's sometimes hard to get a call back.

thanks, I will definitely call them again... so you pretty much can't get an interview unless you have those forms in right? i guess i know what i have to do its just a matter of actually doing it ... ah!

yes, the forms are required....they won't consider your application complete until everything is in (including forms), and they won't consider you for an interview until your app is complete. You will get an email from them notifying you when your app is complete, and it shouldn't take more than a week to get the notificaiton because they review all the newly recieved completed apps every week. Sometimes you get asked for an interview immediately, and sometimes they put you on hold. Keep trying to call up there to get your status, because they are really helpful if you do finally get to talk to them (I always talked to Ali and she was really helpful)

Sometimes Houston can ask you for an interview really quick (I was asked 4 days after my app was complete) but I have no idea what the norm is.