How about BWH?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

med?s

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had gotten any unsolicited feedback from the Brigham?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, phone calls this past weekend.

I haven't but I didn't have much hope I would. Reading these forums certainly adds to the stress of this because I'm having a hard time ranking programs first that I now don't really think want me. Would almost rather go to a program that I know thinks I'd be a good fit for them than possibly be the least desirable intern that matched. Am I just totally crazy?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey bcs, what did the bwh tell you? "ranked to match" or something like that... can you give a brief bio of your stats? thanks!

Phone call this past week (unsolicited).

I wouldn't care who got calls or emails and who didn't. If you want to go to a program just rank them #1. You have no control over who calls you...but you do have control over your rank list. Plus I have no idea why anyone on this board would post that they got a call or an email from a program...I don't see how that helps anyone.

Good luck. :luck:

I wouldn't care who got calls or emails and who didn't. If you want to go to a program just rank them #1. You have no control over who calls you...but you do have control over your rank list. Plus I have no idea why anyone on this board would post that they got a call or an email from a program...I don't see how that helps anyone.

Good luck. :luck:

Thanks Rocky. It is disheartening to know that you are not as desired as other candidates are to a program. BUT -- not all of the highly ranked applicants will choose BWH as their #1 program and will go on to different institutions for residency.

Merlin -- I doubt that BWH ranks "undesirable" applicants. They are very selective when giving interview invitations and even if you were in the "last" section of the rank list, I'm sure that the administration would be very happy to have you in their program.